sixteen

OPAL'S POV

Gray: i wanna kiss u
Opal: pay attention to class
Gray: but i wanna kiss u
Opal: oh my god you're CLINGY
Opal: if you pay attention now, then you can get your homework done faster after school, and then you can come kiss me
Gray: :(
Gray: fine

I laughed as I watched his shoulders slump in front of me, finally paying attention to the english lecture. Truthfully, I'd love for both of us to be locked in my house, kissing lazily on the couch, but that couldn't happen right now no matter what we wanted.

Things had been really good with Grayson. It was almost nerve-wracking, like I was waiting for something bad to happen.

"Stop texting your boyfriend," Celia teases, nudging me with her arm.

"That's what I told him. He was being cute though."

Despite Grayson not facing me, I could tell he heard me as his ears tinted red. I loved that I could make him blush for once.

Grayson and I didn't get to sit together in study hall, though he texted me almost the entire time. I did not get much work done, but I wasn't exactly mad.

"Come over and do homework with me?" He hums, walking up to me in the hall at the end of the day. "House is empty..."

"Mhm, but we do have homework we actually have to do," I remind him. He groans as we duck into the car, making sure no one saw us. "Where's Ethan, anyway?"

"He got detention for being late to class too many times," Grayson snickers, placing his hand on my thigh as he drives. "He won't be home for a bit. Like I said, the house is empty."

Even Ethan didn't know about us. We'd mostly been at my house these last couple of weeks—I'd even snuck him in the back door a few times while my dad was home.

Sneaking around was... fun.

The second we're inside his house, our bags hit the floor as Grayson pins my back to the wall. I let out a few small giggles while he kisses my neck.

"Gray—we're supposed to do homework," I tsk, feeling him hum against my skin.

"Homework can wait. I've missed you all day, babe," it's not long before we're sat on the couch, his hands gripping my hips.

Grayson really liked to make out. Like, anytime we could.

I definitely wasn't opposed, but it was almost funny how constant it was. He loved being close like this—he didn't even seem to mind that it wasn't leading anywhere yet, he just enjoyed kissing.

Most of this relationship stuff was new to me. I'd barely made out with anyone before this. I hadn't really dated anyone in a while.

Grayson's hands reach for my zipper, but I grabbed his hand to stop him. "What's wrong?"

"I just—I'm not wearing a shirt under."

He laughed, our faces barely apart. Our lips touched with every word he spoke. "That's okay with me. Is it okay with you?" I nod slowly.

Unzipping my hoodie, he let's out a low whistle. I sighed contently as he left soft kisses along my now bare shoulders and collarbones, down toward my chest.

I was almost afraid he'd be able to hear my heart pounding, but then I remembered it was Grayson. He made it very clear early on that if I was uncomfortable to just let him know and we could stop.