nineteen

OPAL'S POV

"Guys!" Ethan groans as he walks downstairs. "Stop eating face in the fucking living room. You're nasty."

"Why? No ones home," Grayson shrugs, leaning in to kiss me again. "C'mere babe." I giggle slightly, kiss his nose, and stand up from the couch. "Opal," he whines.

"Ethan's right here, Gray," he mumbles a thank you to me, rolling his eyes.

"So? It's Ethan. He can deal," as he looks at me, he sighs. "You're too nice to him, babe."

I felt a little uncomfortable intentionally making out in front of Ethan. Especially in his own house.

Grayson comes up behind me, his hands slipping under my shirt to rest on the bare skin of my hips while he plants soft kisses to my neck. I laugh as I turn around and force him to stop.

"Could you not be horny for like two fucking minutes, bro? I just want some water. You have a bedroom—and I'm sure her house is empty."

"Sorry, Ethan," I tell him quietly. "Gray, why don't we go out and do something?"

Grayson pouts, "I'd kinda rather just stay in with you tonight."

Sighing, I nod. I wasn't gonna force him to come out with me tonight if he didn't want to. I forced him to come play manhunt a few days before Christmas, and that was good (mostly). If he wanted to stay in tonight instead, I didn't mind that much.

We were also going away for a few days soon. I wasn't sure where exactly, or what the plan was, but I was looking forward to it.

He pulls open one of the kitchen drawers, grabbing a handful of mints and stuffing them into his pocket. Curiously, I steal one. Ethan grabs a handful too before the drawer shuts.

My eyes light up as I pop the candy in my mouth. "This is why you always taste like mint!"

"Ew! Oh my god," Ethan immediately spits his into the sink. I blurted it before I could even think, but it wasn't that big of a deal. "Opal, seriously? I don't need to know that's what my brothers fucking mouth tastes like. Jesus Christ, I'm going upstairs."

I hadn't found the exact mint myself, but the second I tasted it I knew it was the one. It made sense that they had so many in their house.

"I taste like mints?" Grayson smirks, pulling me close again. "He's so dramatic."

"Mhm," I hum, laughing as I turn away from him. "My dad said yes for New Years, by the way. Though he does think I'm going to Celia's... but that's not important."

"Good. Everything else is all set," as he goes to continue, the front door opens. "Hey ma, hey dad. You guys uh, know Opal, right?"

"Of course, we are having her and her dad over for dinner tonight."

Grayson and I look at each other, wide eyed. Neither of us knew anything about that. We hadn't even told his parents we were dating, though it seems like they figured it out on their own.

"How long have you guys known?" Grayson whines, arm around my shoulder.

"Since her father called to tell us what he walked in on," Lisa hums, and I instantly feel my face heating up.