seventeen

OPAL'S POV

Grayson grabbed my hand, dragging me into a dark janitors closet.

"Gray, what're we doing?" I laughed, feeling around for a light switch. "You've got class in a few minutes."

"I know, babe, but I wanted to wish you good luck with your meeting first," he hums as I finally find the light. I had a meeting with an academic advisor next period, about college and stuff. "And also, you look really good."

It was cute, that he had remembered and wanted to wish me luck. Grayson was sweeter than I could've ever imagined. We still were a secret, but neither of us minded.

Due to us being a secret, I didn't go with him to hangout with his friends on his birthday. But I actually preferred that—he still needed to see them without me around sometimes, and lately we'd been spending a lot of time together, hidden away.

Plus, he came over to my house afterward and we baked a cake, I gave him his gift, normal birthday stuff. It was a really good day.

His fingers reach for the hem of my skirt, leaning in to kiss me. I wore a skirt for my meeting, but his reaction was a bonus.

As the bell rang, he sighed loudly. "Can't we just stay here?"

"I would, but I've got my meeting," I laugh quietly, pressing one more kiss to his lips. "I'll see you later, okay?"

He rolls his eyes as we slip out of the closet, heading different ways. I was pretty nervous for it, and I didn't wanna be late, so I went straight there.

It takes about the whole period, going over different schools, my transcript, and a lot of other stuff. It's overwhelming. By the time I'm walking out I'm exhausted, searching for Grayson.

School was out so I went to his locker, frowning at the sight. He was with some friends, laughing—and a girl was clinging onto his arm. I didn't blame her, no one knew we were dating, but he barely noticed she was blatantly flirting with him.

Her name was Lily, we had a few classes together. She's nice... but I definitely hated seeing her on Grayson like that.

I'm totally the stupid jealous girlfriend.

I didn't want to be, but he was oblivious. My eyes narrowed slightly, and before I could even think about what I was doing I was walking up to them.

"Gray!" I called, my heart hammering. What the hell am I doing?

He smiled slightly as he turned to me, but confusion was written across his face. None of his friends knew about us.

But, ignoring all common sense, I skipped right up to Grayson and pulled him in for a kiss.

It was so petty, and I felt a little bad about it as his arms wrapped around my waist. "Ready to leave?"

"Y-yeah, let's go, babe," he nods, grinning at me. "See you guys later?"

His wide eyed friends didn't even have time to react as I dragged him out the side door, him letting out a loud laugh as soon as it shut behind us. He turns to me, pressing my back up against the brick wall.

"I'm sorry," I whine, frowning up at him. I felt really bad now.

"Opal, I didn't picture you as the jealous type," he teases, fingers running down my sides. "You don't have to be sorry. I just wasn't expecting that."

"I should've said something first, and I shouldn't have done it like that," he shrugs, leaning in to plant open-mouthed kisses along my jaw and underneath my ear. "I didn't think I got jealous so easily either."