Help!

The cold echoed, the park bench was their bed at the moment... tears falling... the night fell into place and they dozed away...

That morning it was silent and dead like, then suddenly with no warning James' phone echoed and rang with a discreet ringtone... he picked up

Unknown- hello their meet me at West Field County we need to talk.

James- who are y-

The call ended, him and his family entered a car and drove to the destination ... but who or what was waiting for him....

They arrived at a tiny bungalow in the middle of nowhere it felt as it the houses were miles away from sight and he was getting creeped out by the second...

He heard a cold voice 'looks like you finally arrived.' It said, he moved to the source of the voice it was a large man with a brown beard and grey striking through it, 'come with me, alone.' The man said, James obey and the two walked down a gravel road... it felt like they'd been walking for years until the man stopped 'my wife died here.' He said... James stood in confusion in how this was involved with him, 'I miss here oh dear lord.' The man said, he looked up to the sky, 'SHES better up there away from the cruel world we live in.' The man repeated James stood... 'Why were me and my family sent here?' He asked, the man looked at him 'are you crazy? You don't have a home and you're gonna get killed in that town.' The man said. James sobbed... 'where do me and my family go?' He asked, the man chuckled 'you can live with me.' He said, James shrugged 'how do I know you're not on their side?!' James said, the man looked at James 'excuse me, my wife was killed by them.' He replied... James stood 'oh, sorry.' James said... the two stood in silence but strangers but felt like they knew one another, but later on he'd find out that the man wasn't as he seemed...

That night was warm and a new chapter, the man started brewing up some coffee 'aye son, pass the..' 'corkscrew A197' James said, the man stood. Impressed. 'Glad ye know yer stuff lad.' The man said, James helped the man fix the old grand bike 'it's all I had before Cheryl left me.' He said, James stood, silent. 'I'm sorry.' He said, the man looked at him intently 'it's aye right lad, part of life I suppose.' He said, 'yeah'