Chapter 1: Forks

Ashley sat in the drivers seat of her new car. A black Audi a1 with silver wheels. It was small, but just the right size for her and her brother. 

" Lookin' forward too school?" Ashley asked him as she kept her hazel brown eyes on the road. Ashley smiled and looked at her brother for a split second before pushing her eyes back to the long road. Chris shrugged his shoulders.

" I guess." He muttered looking out his window, watching the trees pass by. They were moving to Forks from Scotland after Ashley accepted a job as a Landscape photographer for a fairly large company. They sent her to Forks and after her persistence, they agreed to allow her to live there until Chris had finished school.

" You'll be goin' into Junior year right?" Ashley asked him in her thick scottish accent which she was proud of, still unsure of how the education system works in America. Chris nodded and sighed heavily.

" Whats up?" She asked him placing a hand on his shoulder. Chris put his hand on top of hers and squeezed it. He looked to his older sister with a pained expression.

" Why do we have to move?" He asked her, his accent was not as prominent as Ashley's but it was still there. Ashley sighed heavily and placed her hand back onto the steering wheel. 

" You know the reason. This was the best job I could get so that I can save money to send you too college." Ashley told him. Chris wanted to become a doctor of medicine, so that meant big tuition fees. So Ashley hunted for work with a good pay, so she could save money too send him to college for that. Chris smiled at her.

" I know. I just don't see why we can't use the money mum and dad left us." He said to her. Ashley sighed and gripped the steering wheel tighter.

" No, thats for other things." She said to him. Chris smiled at her and looked back out the window. 

" You can go to sleep, we have travelled a long time. It's another hour until we reach Forks." She said to him. Chris nodded and closed his eyes leaning against the cold glass. As Ashley drove the skys opened and released rain. Ashley chuckled at it.

" Just like home." She whispered as she switched on the window wipers to clear the rain from the windscreen. It was not long until she drove past the sign that said 'Welcome to the City of Forks'. Ashley smiled as she followed the route she had in her mind to their new home. As she drove down a road, with houses on the right side and the forest on the left, she was slowed to a stop as she looked at police cars and a black Mercedes. Ashley was pulled to a stop when a police officer walked over to her car. Rolling the window down she looked to the officer with a smile.

"Good evening ma'am." He said with a smile. He was an old fellow with brown hair and gently brown eyes.

" I am cheif Charlie Swan." He said as he shock Ashley's hand through the open window.

" Ashley Smith. Nice to meet ya' cheif. " She said to him. He face lit up with realisation.

" Ah the new kids." He said as Ashley nodded. She looked at the scene infront of her. The light on their cars wet flashing.

" So whats goin' on? " Ashley asked him. Cheif swan sighed and looked down putting his hands into his pockets.

" You guys need to be careful. There has been a lot of animal attacks recently. " He informed her. Ashley nodded with a serious face.

" I will, thank you." She said as they said their goodbyes and Ashley began to move her car forward. As she did she saw a tall young man in a long black coat. His blond hair scrapped back from his face with a very handsome face. But what caught her eye the most, was his dazzling golden eyes. His topaz coloured eyes caught hers as she drove past. Although his face had a unhappy expression, which she could only imagine why. He gave her a soft smile, Ashley returned it before driving off to the house.

Once she pulled to a small turn off with a fairly long dirt path. That reached a black iron gate when she drove up to it they opened up for her to drive through. She nudged Chris roughly to wake him up. His hazel brown eyes much like hers looked around tiredly. His light brown hair flicked to one side about three inches long. He looked up at the house as Ashley drove the car closer to it. The small cottage like house was made out of grey stones and had small windows with woode  frames. Pots of different coloured flowers blossomed brightly and a small dark wood bench surrounded by bushes and flowers. With a smile, Ashley pulled the car to a stop and took the keys out of the ignition. They noth stepped out the car and around to the boot, where they pulled out their bags.

Ashley walked over to the main wooden door as she bent down and pulled out a key from under the mat. Looking at the simply skeleton key, she put it into the lock and turned it and pushed down the handle. The door opened to show a small hallway with a mirror and wooden desk. They both walked in and made their way through the hall. Chris closed the door and turned to Ashley.

" Your room is secon' on the right, mines is one the opposite it." She said to him. Chris nodded and walked through to his room, Ashley walked to her room behind him. She opened the wooden door and looked around. She smiled when she saw a four poster king size bed, with white drapes on it. A small chest of drawer on the left hand side of it. A wardrobe was on the right side of the room and a vanity desk next to it. The room also had a window on the left hand side with a small window ledge. Looking out the window, she could see the sun was now falling behind the horizon and the sky was now entering the twilight hour. She set her bag down and quickly unpacked.

Once she was finished she walked out her room and down the hall to the living room. It was cosy with paint white stone walls and a wooden floor. White sofas sat there with red cushions and a glass table stood on top of a red patterened rug. A flat screen tv was mounted on a corner that the seats looked to. A very decorative wood fire with authentic stone build stood proudly at the center of the room. She smiled as she walked onto the conjoined kitchen. It was mostly wooden with black worktops. She walked to the fridge to find it stocked. She smiled as she pulled out two bottles of water. Chris then walked in and Ashley threw the bottle to him. He caught it with ease and opened it.

" I'm puttin' some pasta on. You want some? It's your favourite." Ashley said as she opened the cupboard and pulled out a pack. Chris nodded his head and smiled happily. Ashley began to make the pasta which only took ten minutes. Once she plated it up, she and Chris ate it while watching the TV. Chris finished at the same time as Ashley and he took her plate. Ashley smiled and stood up, walking to her room she grabbed her coat and a packed of cigarettes and a lighter. She made her way to the front door and opened it.

" Still with that dirty habbit?" Chris asked her. Ashley smiled as she put a cigarette in her mouth. She only started this about a year ago, just after their parents died. It was her way of calming down with all of the stress she had been through.

" Yup." She said missing the 'p' due to the object hanging from her lips. She lit up the cigarette,  smoke oozed out her mouth as she did. Chris shook his head.

" You really should stop you know." Chris said as Ashley took in a draw. She nodded her head as she released the smoke.

" I know, I know doctor." She smirked to him receiving one back.

" Well, I am off to bed. Got school tomorrow." He said and walked to the bathroom. Ashley smiled as she watched him go. She closed the door to keep the heat in as she finished her cigarette. Hoping that her brother will be alright in school tomorrow.