Chapter 4: Sunset Rays

Ashley sat in her living room with Jasper, Alice and Chris were in the garden walking around as the sun began to lower itself down. Ashley looked at the time and sighed. She had to go and take more pictures of the sun setting. Her boss wants these by in ten days, which is hardly anytime for a normal photographer. But Ashley is a very quick shot and can get it done in five.

" I need to take some more pictures. Do you know anywhere I can get some good pictures." Ashley asked him, Jasper smiled and nodded standing up with her.

" I will take you there." He said as he followed her to the front door, where Ashley went to pick up her bags but Jasper stopped her and took them himself.

" Please, allow me." He said with a smile which Ashley quickly returned. Jasper could feel how she felt guilty about letting him take her bags again. Jasper shook his head softly looking at her.

" Don't worry about it." He muttered as she opened the door, they walked out Ashley looked around the garden to see Chris and Alice just at the edge of the forest about 15 meters away from her. She gave a smile when she saw how happy Chris was as he sat talking to Alice at his side. He was smiling the way he used to smile, before the accident. This made Ashley smile with an upset feeling. Jasper could then smell the salt of her tears as a single droplet feel down her cheek. 

" Hey? Are you alright?" He asked her. Ashley nodded and wiped her tear away with her sleeve as quickly as she could.

" Yes, its just. I have not seen him this happy since.... Since the accident." She told him. Jasper looked over to see Alice and Chris laughing softly. Jasper smiled at her loving aura for her brother. It made him feel at ease in a way he had never felt before. Ashley shook her head with a gently smile and continued to walk to her car, her head turned to Chris as he was now looking at her.

" I am going out to take some pictures. You two be careful now." Ashley called to them as they nodded.

" Yeah, you too." Chris shouted back at her. Ashley smiled and jumped into her car. She sat down in the passengers side as Jasper got into the drivers side. Ashley put her seat belt on and Jasper started the engine. They drove out of the drive way and onto the road.

" I should just put your name down on the insurance! You have driven this car more than me now." She said to Jasper with a laughing tone. Jasper joined in with the laughing as he turned off the road into a small dirt road. They drove for a few more minutes before Jasper pulled stop just as the dirt road came to a stop. He put the car into park and took the keys out of the ignition, reaching behind him and taking out Ashley's bags. They both got out of the car and closed their door. Jasper locked the car and threw the keys to Ashley, she caught them easily and put them into her pocket.

" So if you don't mind me asking. What is this accident you keep talking about?" Jasper asked as he lead Ashley down a small forest path. The tall trees on either side with ferns growing underneath them. The light was slowly fading and Ashley knew she had to get her pictures soon. But she looked to the ground and sighed. Truth was she had never told anyone about it, she has not talked about it since it happened.

" It happened just over year ago, on the 11th of March of last year. Me and my parent were driving home one night from a day out. The rain was pretty heavy so my dad's vision of the road was not the best. But it just so happened the there was a drunk driver coming towards us. He lost control of his car, sending it straight into us." Ashley said upset, guilty and sadness was washing off her and hitting Jasper. He placed a soft hand on the small of her back, his touch sent tingles through her body as she felt a wave of calm and confidence wash over her. 

" Our parents died instantly, but I was consious for so long. I could not scream or move. We were soon found and I was taken to hospital. I was told the drunk driver died as well." Ashley stopped and turned around, lifting her shirt up from her back. 

" I gained this scar along with a few others." She said as a large line of scarred tissue showed to reach from one side to the other of her back. Jasper's hands instinctively reached over and his fingers traced the discoloured skin. His touch sent butterflies flying around in her stomach. She closed her eyes trying to suppress the feeling of his cold fiery touch on her skin. His face scrunched up at the thought of her being hurt.

"Its weird. I never talk to anyone about what happened. But with you it is so easy for the words to roll. Like I can trust you with everything." She spoke to him confused at everything. Jasper smiled as he opened up his hand for hers. She place it into his with a small smile, Jasper placed the bags onto the ground. The sparks and electric currents that emitted from his touch on her skin alone, was addictive.

" I know what you mean. I have only know you for less than a day, and I feel connected to you." He whispered to her as he traced her knuckles with his fingers gently. They bumped over her warm soft skin, drawing random patterns as they went. Jasper moved his eyes from her hands to her brown eyes. They stood there for what seemed like forever as they looked into each others eyes.

His golden eyes seemed to melt and enter her heart as no other eyes had ever before. Her breathing hitched and Jasper began to lean closer. Jasper would have stopped there if he had not have been and empath. But he was and he could feel how she want him to continue. So he granted her unspoken wish. The closer he leaned towards her, the stronger her scent to him became. To him, her scent was intoxicating and delicious. But he held no desire for her blood, which surprised him. He has never not wanted someone's blood who smelt so delicious to him before. This was the first he has experienced this feeling.

Ashley's eyes fluttered closed as she moved closer softly. Jasper's eyes closed when his lips hit hers. Her lips were so warm and soft he wanted more. He pulled back slightly as they both opened their lips slightly and connect to each other again. Jasper's tongue slipped into Ashley as they fought for dominance and the right to explore. Jasper instantly won as he explored her mouth, leaving nothing untouched. His hands placed themselves onto the top of her hips, as Ashley's snaked around his shoulder with playing with his hair. Jasper pulled her hips closer to him, taking away any gaps between them. Fireworks and electric sparks were flying. Everything around them seemed to stop and become none existent, as thought the only thing that mattered to them was each other. Jasper could he Ashley's heart beat pick up pace as the kiss deepened ever more. Ashley was the first to pull away need air to breathe. Jasper chuckled to himself remembering she was still human and need to do so.

"Wow." Ashley said breathing deeply, smiling to him. Just then a beam of sun shone through the tree and onto the pair. Jasper looked to the sun's origins and scowled as the light hit him. Ashley watched as his face began to shine as though it was covered in freshly cut diamonds. Her hand reached up and landed on his cheek. She stroked it softly while studying every sparkle.

" It's a skin condition." Jasper said sadly. Scared that she might freak out and run form his grasp. But when he looked into her eyes, all he could feel was wonder and love. She held no fear towards him. Her eyes looked over every part of him that shone.

" Your beautiful." She whispered lowly. He smiled to her and felt at ease. He never thought any human would ever say those words to him about this. He always thought they would run for the hills. Ashley's eyes then went to his golden eyes which grew darker.

" It's beautiful, just like your eyes. " She said with a smile. She used her hand to pull his face back down to hers to connected their lips softly. They may have only known each other for little more than a day, but they felt something between them. Something that they could not ignore. Thy needed to be in each others presence. The need to feel the touch of each other's skin against their own. Jasper pulled away softly with a smile.

" You are beautiful." He whispered to her as the sun shone onto her. Bringing out the colour of her eyes.