Chapter 16: White and Silver

Jasper walked into the room where Ashley lay, his feet made clicking noises as they hit the dark wooden floor. The sun was away and the moon was high in the night sky now. The sound of the monitor registering her heart beat sounded harshly through the air, reminding everyone about her state. A breathing tube was attached to her mouth and no doubt down her neck as it pumped air through it into her lungs. She looked so peacefully laying there with the moonlight shining its soft and gentle rays down.

" You look so peaceful." Jasper whispered in his Texan accent as he walked over to her and took her hand. He held it in his, her temperature was not that much above his own and her face was deathly white. Jasper placed a hand onto her cheek softly as his eyes scanned her for the last time in her human state.

" Chris has made the decision for you to be change to one of us. We all agreed because we don't want to lose you. We all love you, he loves you. I love you." He whispered to her softly as he kissed her forehead lovingly. He placed his forehead onto her and closed his eyes.

" I am so sorry. This will be so painful. I will help how I can, but it will still hurt a lot." Jasper whispered to her. Jasper then gently removed the tube from her mouth and put it aside. He placed a soft kiss on her cold pale pink lips. He moved his lips down to the nap of her neck. He kissed her cold skin softly and hovered over her.

" I am so sorry." He whispered and frowned, fusing his eyebrows to each other as he bite down, injecting his venom into her systems. He pulled away reluctantly and sat back on a seat. He wiped his mouth of her blood and watched her. The moon's pure white light shone down into the room softly lighting up Ashley's face. Jasper looked out the floor length windows and up into the night sky. It was clear and the stars shone like little diamonds on a black velvet clothe with the moon as the crown jewel. Wolves howled in the forests as the night continues to take light from the earth.

" I am so sorry." Jasper whispered again. He knew the amount of pain he was now putting her through and she had no choice but to go through with it. He decided to wait until he would feel her pain start to go to unbearable levels before he would help her. So he sat there looking at her peaceful, limp body. He reached over and took a hold of her hand holding it gently, drawing small patterns on the back of her hand.

The hours seemed to go by slower than they had even before. Now it was into the morning, only around 3am so the moon was still high in the night sky. Carlisle opened the door and walked in behind Jasper, he placed a hand on his son's shoulder looking down at Ashley on the bed.

" I should be feeling something by now. But there is nothing." Jasper said not taking his eyes of her for a split second for fear something might take her away from him.

" Everyone take to the venom differently." Carlisle said to Jasper as he walked over and looked at the bite mark on her neck.

" Yeah, but something does not feel right." Jasper told him in a suspicious voice. Carlisle's gaze was caught by something peculiar. He looked to it more closely so he knew what he was seeing.

" Jasper? Did Ashley have white in her hair?" Carlisle asked him, Jasper shook his head looking to him as he picked up a small section of her hair that had turned white. Carlisle had a thought and placed the white hair down. He lifted up her left eye lid and looked at her iris, the brown iris now had silver flakes in it. Carlisle closed it and looked at her right, it was the same as the other.

" Jasper." Carlisle said as he went to his book case, he pulled out several books and handed them to Jasper.

" I need you too scan through these and see if you can find anything on white haired and silver eyed vampires. I know I have seen it write somewhere in one of these books before." Carlisle said as he too a stack of books as well. Jasper nodded and began reading the first book.

" Where are the others?" Jasper asked him, Carlisle did not look up from the book as he answered him.

" They went hunting." They both continued to scan the books for any sign of what is happening to Ashley. Jasper sighed and looked to Ashley, who's hair was now completely white at the roots. Just then a flash of a memory flew to Jasper's vision.

" Carlisle?" Jasper said to him, getting a fright. Jasper looked distant to Carlisle as he watched the memory in front of his eyes. It was of him and Ashley, when they first meet on the cliff top. They were both smiling and looking at each other happily.

" I am seeing memories?" Jasper said to Carlisle as the vision disappeared and Jasper found himself staring at Carlisle. Carlisle looked to him then back down to the pages in the book.

" I found it." Carlisle said as he jumped up slightly, he straightened in his seat and looked at the words of the page. What they said, he could not quite grasp.

" But it's impossible, Its only a legend?!" He said to himself stunned. Jasper waited in anticipation for the words that could either make his heart break or soar the skys.

" What?" Jasper asked, not really know if he wanted to know or not.

" Its say here, that in the year 1032 AD a vampire was create that had white hair and silver eyes. They had no pain during transaction from human to vampire." Carlisle began, Jasper felt his whole being relax as he knew she would not be in any pain.

" The vampire who had white hair and silver eyes, had almost every ability that was know. It also says here that the white hair and silver eyed vampire will be the ruler of vampires. So in other words." Carlisle said out loud looking to Jasper and then to Ashley.

" Ashley will by the ruler of all Vampires." He said to Jasper. Jasper took the book from his hands and read it. That is exactly what it said.

" They will have both the traits of Vampire and Human. They will have immortality and everything a vampire has, but they will also be able to..." Jasper said looking at the words written on the page underneath his eyes.

" Be able to concive a child with their true mate?" Jasper said looking up and to Ashley as her hair was now half white.

" I thought they were just legends, but this proves them to be truth." Carlisle said looking at Ashley and sighed.

" This is great news. But also bad, once vampire know of her existence, they may try to kill her. Or even use her for their own." Carlisle said to Jasper as his eyes fell back onto the paper that informed them of everything.

" It says here that, They will only be born if they are with those who can protect them and help them rule. So in other words, they cannot be born unless they are part of a coven with the skills needed to keep them safe." Jasper read from the book. They both looked to each other then back at Ashley who was slowly changing before their eyes.