Chapter 5: Past

Things have settle down the past two or three months. Chris and Alice quickly became friends and soon Chris caved. They starting going out on dates to god only knows where. Jasper would spend every little time he had with Ashley, which was pretty much all the time.

Today was the day that Ashley had to have her photographs, for a new project that was given to her, ready to hand in. It was for a brochure about the Wildlife in Forks. She currently had taken a picture of a deer in the forest along with a few other animals. Ashley sat at her new computer placing the images into an email to be sent to her company. She hit the send button and relaxed into the back of her chair with a large sigh. Her hands fell onto her lap and her tired hazel eyes closed over.

"Ashley!" Chris yelled to her from the kitchen. Ashley sighed again and stood up from her seat.

" Yes?" She spoke as she walked into the living room come kitchen. She looked at Chris for a moment before bursting into a fit of laughter. He was covered in flour, totally white from head to toe. Ashley held her stomach as she calmed herself down.

" What on earth happened?" Ashley asked heavily. Chris looked at her with an unimpressed look.

" Opened up the cupboard and you clearly had not put the flour away properly." He grumbled lowly to her as he shook the flour of his hands and then walked over to Ashley, where he proceeded to flick his hair around. Making the flour fly off him and onto Ashley. She pulled up her hands to shield her face from the on coming white power. They both laughed as Ashley pushed Chris out the kitchen with a smile.

" Go and shower! I will clean up and do the washing!" She called to him as he went to the bathroom. Ashley looked at her kitchen and sighed. She walked over and took the sweeping brush out of the large cupboard and began to sweep the flour on the floor. Just as she began the door bell rang. Ashley rolled her eyes and made sure the brush was propped against the counter before she went to the door. The shower was running with Chris humming away to himself. Ashley opened the door to see a tall man with dirty blond hair and blue eyes. He was well built but lanky and stood a few inches taller to Ashley. He wore a grey suit jacket with a deep red t-shirt and grey formal trousers that matched his jacket. His eyes stared down at Ashley as she closed the door slightly more.

"Hello?" She said more of a question. The tall young looking man nodded and looked around.

" Are you Ashley Smith?" He asked in a low husky voice.

" Yes? Who are you?" She asked him. The man smiled with a hint of a sinister in it. This made Ashley step back into the house slightly more, trying to use the door as a shield and be ready to run.

" You don't need to know that miss. But this makes my job a lot easier." The man said as he reached into his jacket pocket to pulled something out. Ashley felt her heart race as her stomach hit her mouth. She knew what was next would not be good.

" Is there a problem here?" A familiar voice sounded behind the man. Ashley watched as the man sighed and removed his hand from his jacket empty. Ashley smiled as her heart calmed down slightly more. She saw two familiar faces show themselves behind the man. Their golden eyes fixed on the stranger.

" No, i was just lost." The man said and turned around before getting back into a black car. He took one last look at Ashley as he drove out the driveway. Jasper and Alice eyes the man as if to show him they would protect the family. Alice stood on the left hand side of Ashley and Jasper on the right. Once he was away they turned around to face Ashley.

" You alright?" Jasper asked Ashley as he pulled her into a hug. Ashley hugged his tightly while taking in a shaky breath. Alice just looked at them with a smile. They all heard the shower stop and Ashley looked towards the door.

" I have something you guys need to know. But Chris can never find out." Ashley told them both. Alice nodded with a smile and took her hand into hers.

" I will take Chris out, you tell Jasper and he can tell me later? How does that sound?" She asked Ashley, who nodded in return to the idea. Alice smiled and skipped into the house as Chris stepped out of the bathroom. She took his hand and pushed him into his room. Ashley turned her head to Jasper, she flung her arms around Jasper's neck and buried her face into his cold neck. He smelt like a wooden log fire, his scent calmed her down softly. Jasper's arms wrapped themselves around her waist comforting her.

"Thank you, for coming when you did." She whispered to him. Jasper smiled and held her slightly tighter. He released her and they turned to face Chris and Alice as they made their way out of the house. Jasper place a hand on the small of Ashley back.

" Have fun and don't be too late." Ashley smiled as she hugged her younger brother. They smiled and watched Alice drag Chris off and away to her car. Ashley waved to them as Alice drove away from the small house. The the moon was now shining down to the forest and the sun was long gone. Ashley turned and walked into her house with Jasper close behind. They walked into the living room and sat down of the sofa. Ashley sighed as she sat there in silence.

" You can never let Chris knew about what I am about to tell you." Ashley told Jasper as he nodded.

" The only reason I am tell you is because of what happened outside, and you and Alice are family now. So you both deserve to know. " Ashley said looking to the ground. She sighed and looked up with more confidence flowing threw her.

" Our parents, the worked for the British government doing things no one would be proud of. In working the sector they did, they naturally gained a lot of powerful enemies. So they fell in love and took the leave. They left with new identities and made a life together. They had us and everything was great. Until the government contacted them, thats when everything went pear-shaped. Not long after me and my parents where in a 'car crash'." Ashley explained with minimal details to him. Jasper sat with no expression on his face. Listening intently to her story.

" I brought us here, using techniques my parents taught me to hid ourselves. A house away from detection, false passports. Everything but our appearance. We kept our names so Chris would not be suspicious. If he knew, then he would be in danger. Thats the last thing i want. I want him to live a normal life. I will do anything to keep it that way." Ashley said with a gentle smiled. A tear slipped from her eye as she realised how she had failed in her goals. 

" They now know where we live and our faces." She said and placed her face into her hands and cried softly. Jasper stood up and sat down next to her as he wrapped comforting arms around her. He held her close as she started to talk again.

" I took the job as a Photographer so that I could stay at home when Chris was here. But now we will have to move again and I don't know how to." She cried. Jasper felt horrible when he learned she would have to move again. Move away from him. Jasper shook his head.

" No, you and Chris will stay here. Don't worry you will be fine. My family and I will keep you and Chris safe." He whispered as he lifted her chin to look at him. Her tear stained face was just as beautiful to him. He smiled and placed a gentle kiss on her lips. He pulled away and kept his hand on her cheek.

" I promise you." He whispered to her . Ashley smiled and placed her hand onto his holding it to her cheek. with a sad and gentle smile.

" Thank you." She whispered and kissed Jasper again.

Camera Love (Jasper Love Story)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara