Chapter 7: Christmas morning

Ashley's eyes slowly opened to the morning rays slowly filling up her bedroom. She rolled over onto her side to see a man's face looking down at her. He was smiling a soft smile Ashley groaned as she stretched slightly.

" Good mornin'." She whispered to Jasper as he smiled down to her.

" Good mornin' wonderful." He smiled kissed her forehead.

" Sleep well?" He asked Ashley, who responded by closing her eyes with a sigh and nodded her head softly. Ashley wrapped her arms around his cold waist. Even though he was clothed, he was always cold.

" Why are you always cold?" She mumbled into his stomach. Jasper ran his hands through her hair softly.

" I just always am." He said unable to think of a excuse. Ashley shook her head, not wanting to take that as an answer.

" There is something about you. Something you have not told me. Your always cold and pale, you eyes are not a normal colour for a human. Nor is your beautiful looks." She said looking up to him with a curious look. Jasper closed his golden eyes, not knowing what to say. If he told her the truth she would be in even more danger than she already is. Ashley then shook her head as he felt her curioustiy disappear.

" I know you will tell me when you are ready." She whispered placing her head back onto his stomach, closing her eyes.

" And also I forgot to say." Ashley whispered as she lifted herself up so she was straddling his waist. She looked down to him as he hair fell down.

" Merry Christmas." She whispered kissing him softly. Jasper placed his hands on her hips and flipped them around so he was laying on top. He pulled away from the kiss, but kept his lips hovering above hers.

" Merry Christmas." He whispered to her before kissing again. Jasper's hand moved up and down her arm softly, sending sparks through her skin. Ashley's fingers ran themselves through his honey coloured hair. Her smile was intoxicating to him, she smelt like lavender and lilies. They pulled away and smiled to each other.

" I love you." Ashley whispered to him. Jasper rolled over and pulled her into his side.

" And I you, Darlin'." He whispered kissing her head. They settled down in Ashley's bed, but their peace did not last to long when Chris burst into her room with a massive smile.

" MERRY CHRISTMAS!" He yelled at the top of his voice. Ashley laughed and sat up in her bed, looking at her kid brother with a raised eyebrow and chuckled at him. She rolled her eyes and threw her purple covers off her body. Ashley swung her legs over the edge of the bed and stood up. She walked over to her wardrobe and took out her house coat as she made her way to the door. 

" Come on then." Ashley smiled to him motioning Jasper to follow them. They all walked through to the living room, where Alice was sitting waiting for them. She has switch all the Christmas lights on, lighting up the living room in a warm light. They all sat down next on the seats as Ashley walked over to the fireplace. She threw some logs into it and took out her burning oil. She set it a lit and aloud the burning fire to heat up the room, sending its unique smell to everyone. Ashley sat down next to Jasper and lay her head onto his shoulder. Jasper's arm wrapped around her waist pulling her closer as he kissed her head. They both watched as Alice and Chris handed each other presents with festive smiles.

" Ashley." Jasper whispered to her moving slight. Ashley hummed in answer looking up at him. He was smiling softly looking down at her then to his hand. He held a large black jewelry box with a silver ribbon on it.

" Merry Christmas." He whispered handing her the box. Ashley smiled gently and took it gently. Using both hands to open it, what she saw shocked her. A large pearl with a silver hooked shape holding the Peal, the silver had small diamonds embedded in it. The necklace was accompanied with earrings that were just a smaller version of the necklace. It must have been pretty expensive.