Chapter 12: Eleazar and Carmen

Ashley's soft brown eyes opened slowly to the foreign light that floated into the room. The light was not strong but it was strong enough to hurt her weak eyes. Everything was blurry at first but it all soon sharpened.

"Hey, how are you feelin'?" A familiar southern accent drifted into her ears. Her eyes looked to her left and saw long honey blond hair and shining golden eyes. The moonlight shone down, making him glow with beauty. Ashley felt as though she had died and gone to heaven.

" Rough." Was all Ashley said to him. She looked to the man she called Jasper. A dull pain flew through her body, Ashley hissed at the pain. Jasper looked to her with a worried look as he moved closer to her by sitting on the bed next to her. He placed a hand onto her hand and sent her a calm wave to dull the pain. Ashley sighed softly in relief from the pain. Her brown eyes looked into his golden eyes with love.

" Jasper. I love you. When we were on the cliff top, i was going to say. I thought we were already together. That is what i wanted to say." Ashley told him with determination to speak her words this time and not have him interrupt. Jasper smiled to her and lead over to gently kiss her lips. His free hand placed itself onto her soft pale cheek. Her warmth gave him a wonderful feeling and he swore if his heart was still beating. It would be going crazy in his chest. He pulled away and looked at her softly.

" Chris?" Ashley said as terror filled her eyes. Jasper smiled and looked to the window as he stood up. He walked over to the door and opened it. Alice was the first to walk into the room with a large smile on her face.

"Ashley." She whispered as she hugged her carefully. Ashley smiled and hugged her back. They pulled away and Ashley looked to the door. Chris walked around the frame with a smile. His once peachy skin was now pale white and flawless. His eyes that were once much like hers, where now a bright crimson red with a hint of gold to them. He was utterly handsome with a resemblance to the old Chris. He walked over to Alice and wrapped an arm around her waist. Alice looked up to him with pure love, which he returned.

" Chris." Ashley smiled to him as another burst of pain echoed through her. Jasper walked back over and sat back on the bed. He took her hand and pushed a wave of calmness through her to lessen the pain more. Chris looked at her with a worried look. Ashley smiled at him painfully.

" I am glad your alright." She told him. Chris smiled and nodded, his red crimson eyes looking to her then down to Alice.

" Carlisle said that he will train me in medicine." Chris told Ashley with an excited smile on his face. Ashley put her hands together and laughed happily.

" That's amazing! I am so happy for you!" She yelled out happily, pushing aside the pain in her chest. They all smiled and laughed gently as the time went by. They all talked about what had happened and how Carlisle had called on a few friends to come down and see if Chris had any abilities.

Several days passed and today was the day Carlisle's friends would arrive. Ashley sat on the white sofa in the Cullen's living room. She had left her job and moved in with them, along with Chris. She gave everything the company had given her, back to them. Jasper had his arm around Ashley's shoulders as she lay her head on his shoulder. The medicine Carlisle was giving her was making her tried and needing to sleep a lot. So like now, she would occasional drift off into a sleep. 

" Hello, thank you for coming." Carlisle spoke as to Carmen and Eleazar as he let them inside his house. They walked in and through to the living room, where Ashley was sleeping against Jasper. They both smiled as they looked at them, Jasper returned their smiled to them. But Eleazar's smiled dropped and he looked to Ashley with a confused look. Jasper caught onto his change in emotions.

" Whats wrong?" Jasper asked him. But Eleazer shook his head and smiled to him again.

" Nothing." He said pulling Carmen closer to him by her waist. Carlisle smiled to them and lead them through to the kitchen where Chris and Alice were smiling. They had just arrived back from a day hunting. Alice saw Carmen and Eleazar and she ran over to them with a large smile. She instantly hugged them.

" Its so good too see you." Alice spoke to them as she pulled away and walked over to Chris. She wrapped her arms around his waist and looked up to him. Chris looked down to her and snaked his right around around her back.

" This is Chris." Alice said to them. Carmen smiled to Chris.

" It's nice too meet you." She spoke, Eleazar nodded as if to say the same. His eyes scanned Chris looking over him gentle, analyzing him as they went.

" You have two sets of abilities. One is... Gravity." Eleazar said to him as he focused on Chris.

" And energy." He said to him. Chris looked at him with a smile and the to Alice who smiled back at him.

" That's so cool!" Chris said excitedly to Alice. She nodded with happiness.

" I think we should try them out? Don't you?" Carlisle said to everybody as he began to walked towards the garden. They all followed with an excited look about them. As they walked outside and down onto the grass. Everyone looked to Chris. 

" You were really going to do this without me?" Ashley said as she walked out the door. Jasper at her side with arm around her, helping her to walk. Even with the pain killers, she still had pain.

" Of course not." Carlisle said to her with a gentle, fatherly smile. Ashley smiled back at him.

" Good." She whispered to him.

" Okay, lets start." Eleazar said as he stood in front of Chris. Eleazar then looked to Jasper.

" Jasper would you help?" He asked him. Jasper looked to Ashley as if too ask permission.

" Go." Ashley said pushing him slightly towards them. Jasper kissed her head and disappeared from her side to Eleazar's in a split second.

" Wonderful. You ready Chris?" Eleazer asked. Chris nodded.

" We ain't gonna go easy now." Jasper said in his thick accented voice. Chris smirked and braced himself for a fight.

" I wasn't expecting you to do so." He growled to them.