Chapter 19: The Cliff Where We Met

" This won't be like last time. The Volturi won't back away so easily." Carlisle informed the family as everyone stood or sat in the family room. It was night and the house lights gave off a warm light off. The fire place burned gentle crackling in the silence that once again captivated the family.

" I am sorry, this is all my fault." Ashley whispered almost to quiet to hear, even for the vampires (and wolf). Carlisle looked to Ashley who was in Jasper's embrace. Jasper looked down to her as well, pulling her tighter into him.

" Ashley this is in no way your fault. Do not worry about us, we may not look it. But we have been through a lot and we are all strong." Carlisle explained to her with sympathetic look on his pale handsome face. Jasper kissed the top of her head and pulled her close, placing his cheek on her white hair. Everyone sat there for a while, not knowing how to proceed with the conversation. It took a while before Jasper spoke up to break the silences that was hung over the coven like a bad omen.

" Ashley, why don't we go out? Just for a little while? " Jasper said standing to his feet and pulling her up with him. He gentle lead Ashley out the room and into the back garden, but not before giving Carlisle a look as if to say ' Please help'. There was no way that Jasper would loose Ashley, not after nearly loosing her two times all ready.

" Race yah' ." Jasper said looking down to her smiling with cheeky side grin. Ashley could not help but find herself smiling after him and running off into the forest with out giving Jasper anytime to even think. They ran past the trees and inhuman speeds dodging them and occasionally trying to sabotage each other to win by pushing or knocking a tree in the road of the other. There was maybe even a bolder throw each way but nothing to serious. They laughed and smiled as they neared the finish line upon a cliff.

Ashley slowed down to a stop as she burst out from the tree line, her silver her calming down from a stormy ocean to a calm stream. Jasper not to far behind her as they walked the rest of the way to the cliff's edge. Ashley stopped about two centimetres from the edge, no longer scared that she may fall to her death with her new found knowledge that she cannot die. Jasper walked up behind her and wrapped his strong loving arms around her stomach, holding her tightly as he rested his head in the nape of her neck, taking in her scent of lavender . Her scent seemed to have increased in its appeal to him, but not in a way that was making him thirst for her like it used too. No, it now made with sexually thrusting for her. He kissed her neck softly on he cold pale skin that was as hard as diamonds. The sun was shining through the clouds sending the both of them into a sparkling fest of diamonds.

" I love you, you know that right?" Jasper asked against her skin, sending tingles through her very being. Ashley nodded gently and placed her hands on his and leaning her head back onto his shoulder, which was not far considered he was about half a head taller than her.

" Yes. And I love you more than anything." Ashley replied a Jasper let out a small giggle in response. Ashley sighed unnecessarily and continued to talk.

" These past years have been scary to say the least. What with our parents passing, the moving and new job. Then meeting you on this very cliff face." She said the last part with a smile and Jasper chuckled.

" Oh yeah, I remember that! You nearly fell over with walking over the rocks." Jasper chuckled, keeping his face in the nape of her neck so he could keep the strong smell that he loved so much.

Yeah, you always come to the rescue my Prince Charming, but the incident. Chris being changed and then the car accident which lead to me being change." Ashley stopped and turned around in his arms to look into his dark gold eyes.

" Yes it's been a tough time. But there is one thing for sure." Ashley whispered to him, placing both her hands onto his cheeks softly.

" What?" Jasper asked him curiously. Ashley smiled in response.

" I would not change a single second, even if it meant destroying of the world. I would rather spent all that time with you again than live on knowing you never existed." Ashley mutters and kissed him with so much love and passion. Jasper returned the kiss and amplified both there feelings too new heights. Ashley pulled way gentle as they stayed in each other's arms for a while longer.

" You are right, the past few years since we met up in this very cliff, have had its ups and downs. You scared me half to death many times and trust me when I say this. That is not an easy accomplishment to achieve. But you seemed to have done it so easily. It was as thought, when you came into my long life, that you stood in front of me and fought all of my sins and worries away. You managed to save me from the pits of my own grief and solitude that I wallowed in for so long." Jasper muttered to her with so much love and affection in his voice.

" When you were kidnapped, my whole world collapsed and I blamed myself for not listening to you in the first place." Jasper said as he looked into her silver eyes, he was sure that he saw some tears welt up in her eyes. But he was then certain and one cascaded down her cheek as she smiled at his loving words.

" I love you, so much and hearing you say what you said has just made my heart soar the high heavens." He whispered in a deep thick Texan accent, which Ashley completely loved.

" Which will make what I am about to do so much easier." Jasper muttered as he reached into his pocket. Ashley watched as he effortlessly dropped down to one knee in front of her.

" Ashley Grace Smith, upon the cliff were we first meet. Where I confessed my love for you. I now ask you this, will you do me the biggest honour of become Mrs Whitlock Hale?" He asked her, Ashley stood frozen to the spot as she eyes fell upon a silver ring with a large white round diamond in the middle and smalls one either side. It was held in a small navy blue velvet box sitting patiently waiting to be placed upon a finger as a sign of unbreakable love. Ashley nodded, unable to find her words.

" It would be my honour." She whispered as she finally came back to her senses, Jasper then gently slipped the ring onto her her ring finger and stood up, instantly scooping her into his arms and sliming ground a few times while they both laughed with joy. They stopped spinning and kissed each other for the first time as fiancées before pulling back and giggling as they just stood there in each other's arms.

" I love you." Ashley whispered to him. Only to have Jasper to reply with,

" Too the end of all time." He whispered planting a gentle kiss on he soft pink lips.