Part 1

I'm going to try my hardest to make sure this book doesn't suck 😂

G!p reader so if you don't like it then don't read it

Will be in your point of view unless stated otherwise

Enjoy!

"What's with all the sudden vampire activity?" I panted as I wiped the vampire blood from my sword before sheathing the blade

"I don't know." Geralt grunted, "There's certainly been more of them coming out of hiding."

"Another war with the werewolves?"

"Hmmm. Could be. Or they're just running out of food." My brother said as he dragged two vampire bodies towards the small pile we had made.

"Maybe they smell all the blood spilled on the roads. Certainly have passed by a lot of dead bodies." I said as I made my way over to our horses, digging in the saddle bag to retrieve the flint so we could burn the bodies. It was our way of assuring they were really dead.

"Why haven't the wolves retaliated if it is a war?" I asked as I sparked the flint.

"Because it's just the beginning of one. Maybe they don't have the numbers."

"Or they surrender already." I sighed heavily.

"It's not your war to fight regardless if it's a war with the werewolves or with the humans. Whether you suffer from the curse or not it's not your job to win wars for other people." Geralt told me sternly.

I scoffed, "Right, we just run people's errands for them and they pay us. Got a monster problem? Call up your Witcher!"

"It's how our kind have lived since the beginning of time, y/n." My brother sighed as he watched the flames dance upon the vampire bodies.

"Yet people still hate our kind. We're a dying breed."

"They hate us because they don't understand us. Not all of us can be good, a few bad apples can ruin the entire lot."

I didn't say anything, heading back over to the horses and putting the flint back in the bag, patting Roach on the head. Roach and my horse, Bane, tilted their heads up as they shuffled on their feet, my ears perking back as I heard shuffling in the bushes a few feet away from us.

Roach and Bane whined and neighed, my fingers scratching behind Banes ear to help him calm down. My hand gripped the hilt of my sword as I slowly walked towards the shrubs.

"What are you doing, y/n?" Geralt asked.

"I don't think we're alone, Geralt." I told him as I slowly got closer to the shrubs, reaching my hand forward to move back some of the branches.

Six pairs of dark crimson eyes stared back at me before they lunged, strings of hisses coming out of their mouths. Bringing my sword up I managed to wound one of them as I got knocked down by the other two.