Part 4

"So how far away is Elizabeth's coven?" Yennefer asked as we all sat in the little inn eating stew and drinking ale

"About a three days journey. Her castle is on the outskirts of Frost Lake." Geralt said as he sheathed his sword on his back.

"What if she isn't the one who sent the attack on you, y/n?" Yen asked me as I took a sip of my ale.

I shrugged, "Then I leave her be. I have no quarrel with her. We're trading partners."

"I say we just leave it alone. We get attacked on the road all the time, just because it was a vampire makes no difference." Geralt grunted.

"...Fine." I reluctantly gave in, "But if I get bitten by another vampire then I'm going."

"Or maybe you can head back to the training yard." Geralt teased as he lightly hit my arm.

"Ha ha." I rolled my eyes.

"Look at these freaks." A man spat, adjusting his chest piece.

"No good, Witchers!" Another member of his little group hissed.

"Ignore them, y/n." Geralt said lowly as I glared at the men who walked up to the bar and began conversing with the inn keeper.

"Bunch of milk drinkers, the lot of them." Yen huffed a little too loudly.

"What did you say, girl?" The man who smelled like he bathed in pig shit turned around.

"What's a Witcher doing in RedWater anyway?" Another one of his buddies asked.

"I'm sorry, but I don't believe that's any of your fucking business." I hissed as I stood up.

"Y/n!" Geralt grabbed my arm but I ripped my arm out of his hold and glared at my brother, "We're just passing through." He told them.

"Just passing through?" A bitter chuckle left his lips as he looked me up and down, "I think you guys should stay. Preferably six feet underground."

They drew their blades, the metal was freshly sharpened that much I could tell and I could see my own reflection smirking back at me, my deep amber eyes glowing.

"So much for ignoring them." My brother grumbled under his breath.

"Three against one? You're brave." I smirked as I drew my own steel sword.

The taller man of the bunch raised his sword high in air as he was getting ready to take a heavy strike at me, his war like cry was quickly silenced when his head whipped to the side and his neck cracked.

Looking over my shoulder at Yennefer, her violet eyes sparkled before she nodded at me, letting me know she had my back. Turning my attention back to the group of men just in time, I blocked a strike with my sword, hitting him in the chest with my shoulder and making him stagger backwards. Before he could retaliate, I drove my sword deep into his chest cavity, his body falling backwards onto the wooden inn floor. I let his body take my sword so I could step back as the last man sliced his sword down the middle of us.

He was clumsy on his feet and I used that to my advantage as I kicked the back of his leg forcefully, making the bone snap in half as he cried out in pain. His head twisted again as his neck cracked, his body falling forward into a pool of blood.

"Hmph." I grunted in satisfaction as I pulled my steel sword out of the dead mans chest, wiping it clean on his pants.

"Get out of my inn! Go on freak!" The inn keeper ordered as he trembled behind his bar counter in fear.

"I didn't finish my drink." I said sarcastically and grabbed my cup, gulping down the last of my ale.

"Take the whole fucking bottle then!" He said as he tossed the green ale bottle at me, my head moving to the left as the bottle whizzed past me and shattered against the wall.

"Let's go, y/n!" Geralt huffed as him and Yennefer stood up from the table, my brother dragging me out by my arm.

I ripped my arm out of his hold as soon as we were outside, receiving looks from the townsfolk passing by.

"We have enough enemies as it is! We don't need to be making even more." Geralt clenched his jaw as I held my head in my hand.

My temple was aching and my teeth had a dull ache that made me feel like a teething babe.

"The blood moon is arriving soon." I groaned.

"Come on, we should get going." Yen placed her palm on my back softly.

"I agree. Won't be long before they discover the bodies. I'm sure the inn keeper already alerted the guard." My brother sighed.

GERALTS POV

"Y/ns not usually like this." I told Yennefer when I felt her sit down next to me on the tree log as I watched my sister down by the creek.

"Her wolf side senses when the blood moon is approaching and starts to awaken from its slumber. It becomes triggered easily." I explained.

"What do we do when she turns?" Yennefer asked.

"Y/n usually runs off before she completes the transformation. It's usually far enough away from me so she doesn't come back and attack. She finds me the next day when the blood moon passes and that's that." I ran my fingers through my ashen hair, letting it down from the semi ponytail.

"Has she ever.."

"Attacked me?" I turned to look at her, nodding before rolling up my tunic sleeve.

"She bit me right here deep enough to leave a scar. That was the first time she turned. She still feels bad about it."

"Because it's just proof of the monster I am." Y/n scoffed as she sat on the log opposite of Yennefer and I.

"We've been over this, y/n. You're not a monster."

I felt bad for my sister, truly. If y/n was a full female then she would never have been chosen to go through the mutations. But because she had a guys appendage, they thought they would give it a go anyway. The mutations worked, but the fools did it during a blood moon and cursed her with the blood of a werewolf. My sister was the strongest Witcher among any of us because she carried extra blood.

"How are your bite marks feeling?" Yennefer asked my sister as she sat down next to her, the fires glow casting shadows among their faces. I smiled slightly to myself, thinking of how cute they'd look together.

"Better. Thank you, again." Y/n replied softly.

Yennefer nodded before silence fell upon us as we all kept warm by the small fire.