Part 14

Everything around me faded into the background as I shakily stood to my feet, the ringing in my ears becoming louder as I just stared down at my brothers deceased body

Everything around me faded into the background as I shakily stood to my feet, the ringing in my ears becoming louder as I just stared down at my brothers deceased body. I clenched my jaw and made my way towards the blacksmith stand where I would retrieve my swords and newly reparied armor.

"I need my armor and swords. Now!" I barked towards the burly man. He scrambled behind his counter, knocking over a few displays before handing me my possessions.

"Y/n, what do you think you're doing?" Yennefer asked as I brushed passed her and towards the front gate where our horses waited.

"I'm going to go and lay slaughter to every last one of those bloodsuckers in that coven." I sneered while I made quick work of putting my armor on.

"You can't be serious!" The raven haired woman scoffed before spinning me around. "You're wounded, going into a coven full of vampires is a death sentence."

I rolled my eyes at the mage, "I'm glad that you care, Yennefer, but why are you still here? Shouldn't you be making a fertility potion by now so you can go and get bedded by the nearest man?"

"Fuck you!" Yen slapped me harshly across the face, "You know, while we're on the topic, how dare you question my choices of me becoming a mother, degrading them, when you yourself are now one. How else do you think babies are made?"

"Mhm lets see, when a man and a women partake in the act of-"

"Oh do go on!" Yen laughed sarcastically, "Do tell me how stuff works!"

I shook my head, "I didn't mean to have a baby with the princess. Do you think I wanted to have a kid with a woman I don't have feelings for? Or have a kid that could potentially be born like me?"

I sighed, "I'm going to that coven whether you like it or not."

"You are so stubborn!" Yen huffed and just like that I felt my heart plummet into my stomach, my feet weren't on solid ground anymore.

Cold water enveloped my body as I pushed myself to the surface, spitting and sputtering out salty water.

"YOU DROPPED ME OVER AN OCEAN?!" I screamed out to Yennefer who was standing on the beach with a evident smirk on her face.

I began swimming towards the shore, every bone in my body was aching and I groaned at the thought of needing another healer.

"Now will you listen to me?" She asked as I shook out my hair.

"Depends, are you going to drop me over another body of water? Or how about over a mountain side?"

"Shut up." Yen rolled her violet eyes, "You are in no condition to go and disrupt a coven of vampires. We are going back to the castle where you will be healed better than I can heal you. Then we will go from there."

"Do I have any say in this?" I tilted my head to the side.

Yen shook her head as she smiled softly, "Nope."