Part 9

!SMUT WARNING!

!SMUT WARNING!

I smiled as I twirled the white rose between my fingertips, hoping Yennefer would remember the days of our youth when I'd bring her white roses whenever she was mad at me. Rolling my shoulders back, I walked carefully through the flower field so I wouldn't step on any other growing plants.

As I approached our little camp, Yennefer was stoking the fire, the flames dancing across her face as Geralt was still sleeping. Yen pulled her grey fur coat closer to her body as she took a seat on the log.

"Hey." I greeted with a small smile as I sat down next to her on the log.

"I'm still not in the mood to talk to you." Yen huffed.

I nodded, "I brought you this in hopes of changing that." I outstretched my hand with the white rose between my fingertips. Yennefers striking violet eyes widened as she took the flower.

"You use to give me these all the time when we were children. I used to think it was the cutest thing." Yen lightly chuckled under her breath.

"It was the only way I could get you to stop being mad at me." I laughed, "You'd give me the silent treatment all the time."

Yen tilted her head back and laughed, the corners of her eyes crinkling. "Yes, I remember."

"Tell me what's on your mind." I took her hand in mine and fiddled with her fingers. Yen smiled at the action as she stared at our hands.

"I had an artist change me. He made me beautiful and removed the crookedness and hunchback. He made me desirable at my request. It came with a cost, though. They had to make me... sterile. It's why I wish to harvest the heart of a golden dragon."

"You want to make a fertility potion." I stated.

Yennefer nodded, "They took away my choices. I'm taking them back."

"They didn't take away your choices, Yennefer. You agreed to this."

Yennefer glared at me, ripping her hand out of my grasp.

"I agreed to be beautiful! To be powerful! I didn't agree to have my ovaries ripped out of my body, never having the chance to bare children!" Yennefer snapped as she pushed herself off the log, creating distance between her and me.

I stayed quiet.

"You wouldn't understand." Yennefer scoffed.

"You don't think I understand? They make all Witchers sterile too, never being able to procreate. I'm the only one who can because of my curse! Our life isn't fit for a child, I wouldn't want to wish my life upon anybody." I argued back.

"The thought of having my own child in my arms, looking like a mix of me and the person I love makes me not care about how shitty and unrueing my life is because I know I'll be able to protect my kin!"