Part 18

The elves charged first

The elves charged first. Raising my silver sword, I blocked a sword aiming for my throat, pushing his hand down as I shoved my steel sword in his stomach, swiftly turning around and cut off another mans head. The blood splattered on my face as I ducked under another swipe, grunting when I was hit in the back. My body stumbled forward and I quickly regained my strength, using both my swords to block a heavy battle axe. Pushing up, I kicked the man in the gut, bending backwards as a sword cut through the air over my body. Standing back up, I blocked another sword, hissing when his blade cut through my armor of my bicep before I kicked him in the gut once more into a few vampires.

I fell to my knees when I felt the blade of a small axe hit me in the back of the shoulder, the elven soldier laughing in triumph. Spinning around, my sharp blade cut right through his middle and he fell to the floor in two pieces. Biting my lip, I quickly tore the axe blade from my shoulder and threw it at an oncoming vampire. The blade lodged itself into her skull and she fell to the floor with a hiss.

Another vampire lept at me from the balcony, but she didn't have time to react as I shoved both swords in her stoamch and tossed her body behind me. By now, the elven unit was cut down to about half while the vampires still had many of their coven remaining. I jumped onto the large dining table, jumping over a sword that was aiming for my ankels, kicking him in the nose as the elven woman cried in pain. I looked behind me when I heard a vampire hiss, another one jumping onto the table in front of me.

Pushing off the table just in time, both of them leapt right into eachother and I made quick work of cutting off their heads in one swipe.

"Y/N!" Jaskier yelled and my eyes found his scared ones as Elizabeth carried him away to another part of the castle.

I growled, running towards the set of steps as I fought my way through the crowd. Every inch of me was soaked in blood that I couldn't tell what was mine anymore. Once I was up on the balcony, an army of elves and vampires started climbing the steps too. I ripped the torch off the wall and tossed it down upon them, their clothes catching fire as they all screamed.

Turning around, I was late in blocking another sword, feeling the sharpness cut through the skin of my cheek making a deep gash. I yelped as my body staggered into the wall, maneurving out of the way this time as he tried to finish me off. His blade clattered against the stone wall as I shoved my steel sword into the side of his body. My cheek throbbed in pain as I ripped my sword out of his flesh, throwing another torch down onto the bodies littering the stairs to make sure they were really dead.

The elven unit was officially gone but the vampires still had a little over half of their coven remaining, Elizabeth included and I had to find her and save Jaskier. I walked along the balcony, rounding the corner I saw Elizabeth go. A vampire leapt out, smashing a potion against my face that made my senses blind. I couldn't hear anything, but I could certainly feel her dagger go into my chest, just missing my heart. I grabbed her body as I felt myself start to fall as both of us went over the edge of the balcony.