Part 10

!SMUT WARNING!

!SMUT WARNING!

"Hold up. There's an elven camp just up ahead." Geralt ducked behind a thick bush.

"I'm sure there'll be more of them the closer we get to the mountain. They're coming from the north to take Cintra." I whispered, crouching down beside him as Yennefer hid behind the ones across from us.

"Then why don't we take out all of their little camps? Clear the way and cut down on their army at the same time." Yennefer whispered.

I nodded in agreement, peeking through the little branches as the elf soldiers roasted a pig over the small fire or sharpened their swords near the grindstone.

"Wait, y/n. Look." Geralt grunted, moving my face towards the entrance of the camp.

Two elven soldiers escorted a woman; pale skin, bright crimson eyes, wearing a skull necklace tight around her neck that accentuated her low maroon tunic with a black coreset, black boots and pants.

"Fucking vampires!" I scrunched my nose up in disgust.

"What the hell are the elves doing with a leech?" Geralt grumbled to himself.

"She's part of Elizabeth's coven. She's got the small branding on her inner wrist."

Narrowing my eyes I watched the vampire talk freely with the elves, even sharing a few laughs here and there. Whether they were sincere or not, I wouldn't know. Vampires were intelligent creatures, strong and sometimes unpredictable. Witchers rarely ever took contracts on them and I was one of them. Out of all the monsters we faced and killed, Geralt always told me that you'd have to have a death wish to freely hunt and kill a vampire.

"Hmm." Geralt growled.

"Let's do this quickly. I want the vampire alive." I told Yen and Geralt, both who nodded their heads.

Leaping out from behind the shrubs, the elves scrambled and shouted at each other to get into position. My metal sword clanged against the elegant golden plated sword of the elf. Stepping back, my footwork was quick. The elf kept pushing me forward and I let him, the space between us getting smaller as I backed up one more time, punching him in the gut, I made quick work of slicing his throat with my blade, some of his blood splattering onto my face, before evading the bolt arrows coming from a few crossbows. The raven haired vampire hissed at me before running off towards the mountain.

"We'll take care of the others, go get the vampire!" Geralt yelled over to me as he ducked under a sword swipe.

I nodded and ran off in the same direction, pulling a Witcher potion out of the small bag I had slung around my back. Ripping the cork off with my teeth, I spat it out and gulped down the ghastly liquid. The vampire was obviously faster than me, my legs burning as I ran as fast as I could to catch up. Sheathing my sword, I pulled out my own crossbow with a bolt already loaded in. Aiming, I pulled the trigger as the bolt whizzed through the air and embedded itself right into her ankle.