Part 22

"How many of you are there?!" I drove my sword tip further into the elven womans gut, her body struggled against the tree, the bark digging into her back

It wasn't hard to find the small camp they had set up, and it was even easier to kill the four soldiers that occupied the camp.

"WHERE'S YOUR CAMP?!" I screamed.

"I won't tell you anything!" The elven woman bit back.

I growled, driving the sword tip deeper into her gut hearing her cries of pain.

"Where is your main camp?" I gritted through my teeth lowly.

"You're too late, Witcher. You won't win this one." The elf cackled loudly.

"ANSWER ME!"

The elven woman just laughed, spitting blood at my feet.

I grunted in annoyance, driving my sword through her skin at a horizontal angle and gutted her like a fish. Her guts spilled out onto the ground as she gagged, dying within mere seconds. Sheathing my sword, I jumped onto the saddle on Roaches back.

My anxiety went down slightly when I saw that the castle was still in tact, no elven army marching upon it to claim it as theirs. But I couldn't help but become tired of this waiting game. We couldn't find their main camp even with Yennefers help. Either they had really good mages, or they were off the edge of the world. I put Roach in the stables, feeding both her and Bane a few carrots.

The kingdom seemed on edge, even the people as they waited for what was to come. They had their entire lives here and with this war, they could lose everything they hold dear to them. Now I could see why Geralt never liked war because I was utterly exhausted from all the fighting and running around I had been doing. I mean, you have two sides who both think they're right, fighting over their beliefs. Except in this case, the elves wanted to kill off and or capture the mages while claiming Cintra; the north. War was pointless and yet here I was making it my problem.

I knocked tiredly on the guards barracks, a sun burnt man opened the door and allowed me in.

"So," I said loudly catching the attention of the rest of the army, "Who's ready to train?"

...

Sweat dribbled off my forehead and onto the dirt of the training ground near the barracks as I watched soldiers spare with one another. My tunic and pants were caked in dirt from showing them a few special moves to even getting knocked down myself.

I watched with amusement in my eyes as one of the woman was knocked down, the man smiling in triumph that was soon whipped away when she kicked his legs out from under him, straddling his waist and holding her sword to his stubbly throat.

"Good. Remember, try and finish off your opponent. A dead man can't stab you in the back. That'll be all for the day." I dismissed the soldiers, whipping the sweat and dirt from my brow.