Chapter 2

I don't own KHR. KHR is owned by Akira Amano. The only thing that's mine is my oc. Enjoy!

------

My eyelids flutter open as I wake up. Peering around curiously, I try to figure out what's happening. I died. No, I didn't die, I'm alive now, aren't I? Letting out a small breath, I observe my surroundings. I'm still in a hospital. The same white walls with a machine hooked up to my body, likely the reason I couldn't move it earlier. Seeing as I'm a... baby, and currently hooked up to a machine means something probably happened during my birth. 

Through the door I missed in my observations, a nurse busted out. She started cooing words in a different language I heard earlier from the other talk between a few doctors and nurses. Checking the machine I was hooked up to she smiled and started babbling excitedly to me, never mind the fact I didn't understand anything. 

All of a sudden she reaches down to remove the wire connecting me to the machine and picks me up. She places me on a table mat that went unnoticed by me as it wasn't in my peripheral view, she wraps me in a small orange blanket. Now wrapped in a blanket, she places me on a scale and notes down the numbers that show up. 

Squinting at the numbers, they come into focus. Wait, is that Japanese?! Looking at the words the nurse wrote down I see the familiar mixture of kanji, kana and Chinese symbols. Barely piercing the words together, I could only make out the words, 'prematurely born; first twin has low body weight'.

 I silently fume at the fact I could only read the language, not speak it. If only I hadn't been so lazy!

Gently rocking me, she walks out the doorway to another place. With my limited vision, I can only see a blurry outline of the nurse. She was wearing blue nurse scrubs, and with her pale skin, her black hair stood out. 

We went to another room, this room more homely than the one I was previously. The table next to the cot was filled with flowers. One of the chairs next to the table had a coat hazardously thrown over the side. 

A smiling brunette lady was sitting on the cot holding a baby. There was a brawny blonde-haired man standing over the bed and looking at the baby and the brunette woman tenderly. At the same time, he was listening to a call, holding a phone next to his ear. 

Suddenly he straightens up from his slouch and starts quickly chattering to the brunette holding the baby. She frowns almost imperceptibly and tries to say something while the man grabs the jacket off the chair nearby and puts it on, ready to leave. 

The nurse who was still holding me opens her mouth to say something but is cut off as the man leaves before she can say anything. Shaking her head at the man, the nurse tries again, talking to the lady. As the nurse continues talking, the lady's eyes widen as she listens to whatever the nurse is saying. 

Shifting the child she was holding to one arm, she gestures over to the nurse, obvious in her insistence to get something. But what? As the nurse walks forward, my eyes widen with the realization that I'm her child. 

Staring at my new mother I get a feeling of deja-vu. I've seen her before. A nagging feeling fills my head as I puzzle over where I've seen the brunette lady before. As the nurse passes me over to the lady-my mother- I stare at her face absolutely convinced I've seen her before.

The nurse passes a pen and a paper from her clipboard over. After thinking for a moment, I watch as the lady scribbles a name down. 'Yuki Sawada'. That must be me. There was another name on the paper but the nurse got the paper back before I could read it. My intuition told me it was important. Really important.

Shaking the feeling away, I get another feeling that I would regret not listening to my intuition. Something raised an alarm in my memories. Intuition. Hyper Intuition. Kateyko Hitman Reborn!