Chapter 4

I don't own KHR. KHR is owned by Akira Amano. The only thing that's mine is my oc. Enjoy!

-----

I had to do this. My eyes narrowed in concentration. I shakily stood up before taking a step. And another, and another. My mouth curved into a smile, I did it. I was walking. 

Mom burst into cheers, filming the whole thing. Tsuna cheered with her, having a somewhat confused look on his face about what he was cheering for. He crawled over to me, tugging on my pants. I immediately lost my balance, toppling over.

Tsuna started laughing at me. Feeling petty, I wobbly stand up, and to his surprise, I push him onto his stomach and start to roll him. With him as assistance to help stand up, I pushed him into Mom. She laughed, recording the moment.

He pouts at me, babbling words that I can only understand due to our bond as twins. I ignored it focused on Mom who was cooing at us. In frustration, Tsuna tried to copy me.

He grabbed Mom's leg and used her body to pull himself up. He wobbly walked toward me. Mom bursted into cheers again, filming the moment. After reaching me he started babbling some more. I humored him, babbling back. Mom giggled at our antics. 

Checking the clock, she gasped. "We're late! We have an appointment at five."

She picked us up and grabbed her keys along with her bag she had prepared earlier. Having gotten distracted by our walking, Mom started scolding herself under her breath. "Oh, I should have remembered. Dang it, it takes half-an-hour to get there and it's four-forty-two. Dang it!"

She buckled us in and hopped in the driver's seat. There was a blur of people and houses as Mom quickly sped toward the doctor's office while on the phone with the receptionist, speaking to the lady about arriving a bit late.

After likely breaking a few laws, we were at the doctors office, late, but still there. Mom rushed us in, profusely apologizing to the receptionist. The lady only laughed, saying it was fine and told us to go inside.

"I am so, so sorry. I wasn't paying any attention to the time. I apologize for being late." Mom bowed in apology.

The doctor smiled and reassured her, "It's fine, you aren't that late and you even called in early about being late."

Mom shrugged and pushed us forward, squealing, "The reason I was distracted was that both Yuki and Tsuna took their first steps today!"

The doctor sighed, a sign he was used to dealing with doting parents like Mom. He eventually went on with the checkup. 

"All right, both of your twins are healthy one year olds. Yuki, though, is still a bit smaller than Tsuna, try to feed him more."

Mom frowned. "I'll try to but he just doesn't like the food I feed him."

"Have you thought of slowly giving him table food. He might react to that better." 

Mom thoughtfully nodded her head before smiling brightly. "Okay, thank you."

With the checkup over, shots given with a minimal amount of fuss, we went back to the car. As we were driving away Mom seemed to get worried. She would check the mirror inside the car multiple times. I struggled for a bit, trying to see behind us, looking to find what is troubling her. 

A black SUV was tailing us. No. That wasn't good. We reached an isolated stretch of road, which is when the others struck. Bullets flew out of black cars open window. Mom swerved, seeming familiar with this scene.

Under her breath she muttered complaints. "Stupid Iemitsu. Leaving me with the children, spilling all the secrets. Stupid mafia."

My eyes widen at her words. Mom knew about his job? Thinking back, she had never complained about him. But-