Prologue

Some people are not meant to be famous. It isn't because they don't look important or their abilities aren't worth the fame, they just never get to be known. Some accept this turn of events and move on, but some others, too greedy, too ambitious, too confident, or even too determined, refuse to give up.

Jane Gibbs fit in that second category.

She lived in a village in Scotland where nothing ever occured with her mother, a person that in all honesty didn't care at all about her daughter's achievements, and her neighhours only paid attention long enough to gather information they could use to gossip later on about. Even as a little child, though, Jane was mindful of the situation around her, detesting it greatly. Still, she didn't let it show. All day long, she was from a house to another, helping her neighhours, taking up every task possible because surely, her efforts and talents would be recognised then.

In time, she did stand out. Not in the way she thought she would, though.

On the July of the year she turned eleven years old, a letter arrived and all of a sudden, Jane Gibbs, little ordinary Jane robbed from a father early on in her life, got an invitation to study magic in Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Jane Gibbs was a witch.

Not unexpectantly, the only one who actually believed it was Jane herself. Her mother certainly didn't, and it proved quite hard for her to not go around telling the neighbours, but in the end, she managed. On the first of September, even though her mother was in disbelief, she got her to the platform that would lead her to the world of magic. Jane did pass through the platform nine and three quarters.

And a new life began for the girl.

Sort of. She didn't change much.

Jane tried her best to get known in the school. A young Slytherin of questionable heritage, excelling in anything she put her mind to, spending countless hours in the library. She was considered aloof and she hardly had friends but it was nothing she wasn't used to. All she cared about was for her worth to be recognised. She wanted glory.

No matter what she did, though, it wasn't enough.

There was this boy in her year and house, that even though they were only first-years, was someone people focused on constantly. Anything he did was noticed. Jane did her research about the boy and his family. She soon realised why.

Albus Potter, the second child of the Chosen One. The second child of the wizarding world's hero. Instantly, Jane knew the way to glory and fame was through this apparently simple boy.

Jane always got what she wanted in the end. Any goal she put her mind to, she achieved. In the next five years of her schooling in Hogwarts, she managed to become the Slytherin female Prefect, she got a place in the frog choir and last but not least, she filled the place of one of the Chasers of the Slytherin Quidditch team. People had come to circle her with time—she was her teachers' favourite, her housemates knew better than to get her to dislike them or stand against her—and even after all these years of success, there was one goal of hers she had yet to achieve.

Albus Potter remained the same mystery she had considered him to be initially. They had hardly exchanged a few words and he never tried to keep a conversation going. He was always around his one and only friend, Scorpius Malfoy, the male Prefect of Slytherin house, and while he was her friend, Albus remained quiet and cold.

Five years later and Jane had still not managed to get close to Albus. This wasn't the worst part, though.

No matter what she did, she always seemed to come second.

She had achieved more things Albus ever had in his life but still, the moment he did anything of minor importance, Jane was forgotten and Albus was once more the most successful person in the castle. She wouldn't have any of it. Not anymore.

It was a perfectly crafted plan. Before she had realised it, Jane was sure she would manage to get close to Albus and steal all of his light and glory with her outstanding abilities. It was a plan in which nothing could go wrong.

Or so she thought.

Well hello everyone! Welcome to 'Glory'!I hope you like the fic and that you end up liking the characters and the plot as it moves on

I hope you like the fic and that you end up liking the characters and the plot as it moves on. This has been a sort of coping mechanism for me for the while I have been writing it. I hope you end up liking it the way I did when I wrote it.
Looking forward to seeing you in the first proper chapter that will be published in a couple of days.
Lots of love,
Olga