Starlight

Chapter 6

Starlight

"Adrianna, that was an amazing speech you gave Thorin. I like that about you, you are not afraid to say what you fell, it makes you strong. Might I add how amazing you look in that dress...or did I already mention that? Even if I did no Eleth can match your beauty right now," Legolas confessed.

For some reason I could help but blurt, "Not even Turiel?" Right after I spoke I had wished that I had not spoken, "I mean...umm...I'm sorry."

"It's okay, I am not offended, it is your right to be curious," remarked, "might I asked though what you meant."

"Well, um, I wasn't ease dropping or anything I happened to be in the same hall and I heard you father talking to Turiel and he was saying how you had more feelings towards her than what was proper," it felt good to get that off my chest. "If you have feelings for her, I understand, she is quite beautiful, and she is good with a weapon, and you have trained with her and everything like that."

"Adrianna, yes Turiel is quite a good Captain, and once not to long ago I did have feelings for her. They were not returned and she likes someone else that is here--"

I cut in, "Another Elf?'

"I'm not quite sure of that... anyways, I moved on and might be developing feelings for another Elleth, but I am not quite sure yet. Oh by the way if you did not know it is Mereth Nuin Giliath--"

Wow you would think I like to interrupt or something, "the Feast of Starlight, I had forgotten it was today."

Legolas continued, "There is a feast and I was wondering if you would like to join us in our feast. It would mean a great deal to me and this Kingdom if we were accompanied by a Princess whom's eyes shine with pure starlight."

"You are to kind, I would be honored to come to the feast," inside I was dancing with the stars, and the sun, and everything good in the world.

"Meet me in the dining hall at 8:00pm, we dine outside tonight, see you soon,"he was off, I watched him hurry off to another part of the fortress, I swear I saw a smile creep onto his face as he left, nah it's just my imagination.

Once I get to my chambers the very first thing I do is sit into the tub and soak. Wow, it felt good. My most favorite things about baths is a get to ponder thing I have not yet thought about. First on my list is Legolas. He says he likes someone, and it seems to me like he is flirting, am I right? It could just be that he is trying to be polite, and he is succeeding. What do I do about it? I think I have two options, One: I can just response like he is being kind, polite, and welcoming. Two: I can sort of return the compliments, and sort of flirt back I guess. I don't think that the second option is good right now, I think I need to get to know Legolas better. Second on my list is Thorin, despite my "strong" speech against him it did kind of break me...we are childhood friends and that friendship meant a lot especially in tough times. I think though I am going to stick with what I said, he needs to learn some respect for other people. Why does my life have to be so complicated... Oh my goodness! Where is Bilbo? How could I forget about him? He isn't in the cells! Did he run off? No, I reckon he is around here somewhere, he wouldn't just run away. Not after the speech he made about going home to Thoirn.

I glance over at the wall clock, darn is that the time! I only have an hour to get ready! Arg. I hop out of the tub grab the luscious bath robe and dash to the closet. So many choices...it is the feast of starlight so I think I should go with a lighter dress, and more flowey too. There's red, blue, green, ah! White, finally. Perfect! (pic is on the side) I slip into the dress time for hair, I call for a maid and have her but my hair into a braided bun. She curled the extra hair, and stuck little white flowers in my hair that were almost shaped like stars. Then she places my tiara on my head, ten minutes to spare!

Legolas was waiting for me at the dining hall, he was wearing a silver tunic with white designs and white leggings and silver boots. His hair was the same as always, very blond with two mini french braids just above his pointed ears and the top of his hair was tied into a fish-tail braid.

"Ready?" Legolas addressed.

"Ready," I answered, he offered his hand, I took it and my hand started to tingle, and I bet I was blushing.

We entered the hall which lead to a patio, I looked up and the heavens were sparkling I have never seen a more amazing, picaresque view in my entire life.

"Ah, Legolas and Adrianna! Welcome! Lady Athrina this is my son Prince Legolas Greenleaf Thrandillion," he bowed to the lady, "And this is our spacial guest Princess Adrianna Daughter of Lady Andenessa of Rivendell, she will get the throne of Rivendell when she is ready, it is her true place," I bowed also. "Lady Athrina is Lady Galadriel's sister and I invited her to join us on this very happy day!" the King announced.

"Tell me Adrianna, how was it growing up in Erebor, and that Dwarf Prince that I have been told is courting you," Lady Athrina asked.

I practically choked when she mentioned Thorin, "Um, well," I glanced a Legolas, "we decided to call the wedding off...and life in Erebor was fun I guess until my father died."

"Poor dear, didn't you think something was different about yourself?" To be honest I didn't really want to talk about it.

To be polite I answered anyway, "I always knew that I was different, I was always told I was a fluke and my mother was a Dwarf and died when I was young. No one ever dared to tease me...they could not argue with my beauty that I was blessed with." I sort of lied there was this one kid back at school named Dalliner but Thorin always kicked his butt and eventually he stopped.

"YOUR HIGHNESS THE DWARFS! THEY'RE GONE!" Turiel can rushing in. Instantly everyone got up.

_________

Another Chapter! I honestly am playing this story by ear.

The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies is coming out December 17th less than a month!!!!! I am so excited!

As always please comment and give me feedback and if you have ideas I would love to hear them!

~Softballchick114