And he Follows

Chapter 8
And he Follows

That stupid Orc started to taunt Tauriel which got her kicked out of the room. That actually sort of worked out perfectly. I just followed her out as if to comfort her, though everyone knows she never needs that. Yet, sometimes I feel like under her tough skin is a sensitive soul that has gone through a lot of hard time. We may have more in common than I originally expected, I feel that she may have developed for a certain dwarf-ling in the Thorin company, Kili, I see the way she looks at him and vice versa.

Now to prepare for our little adventure, "Adrianna, you have not fully healed are you sure this is the best thing right now, you might not be able to keep up and what if Legolas doesn't follow us? What then? What will you do?"

"Tauriel, I am ready for this it is important to me, and I know that Legolas will follow, he cares for you and wouldn't want to see you hurt. Now, we must make haste they won't be occupied with that Orc scum for that much longer," and at last we set off. For some reason my legs seem much heavier than I last remember, this is a most interesting feeling, I don't quite like it. Huh, I must not slow us down I may not know exactly what is to come but we must go as fast as possible.

Running towards the gate that the Orcs originally attacked at, I take one last glance at the place I was pierced with the Orc's arrow. Now that moment has passed and there is no looking back, just looking forward to what is to come. Just hope what to come is only good, and that we might have help from a certain Elf prince-ling follows us. I stride forward following Tauriel, who herself is following the river for that is what the Dwarfs are one traveling along and two it is safest to travel next to it.

We keep pursuing the river until we get to a giant rock where the river opens its mouth into a lake, we stare in awe at the view. Our strong Elvish sense of hearing picks up very faint footsteps behind us, she looks over at me, I signal her by showing 3...2...1 on my fingers. When I got to one we both spun around with out bows in our hands ready to fire at any danger that was going to come upon us. Alas it was Legolas! Thank goodness I was wondering what was taking so long. "I thought you were an Orc," Tauriel finally states breaking the half awkward silence that was upon us.

"If I was an Orc... you would be dead." Legolas countered, "You both cannot hunt 30 Orcs on your own, especially you," He glances over at me with 'are you crazy' eyes, I smile slightly.

Then I reply, "But we have you as well," I said smirking.

"You knew I would come," Legolas said in a sort of 'duh' tone, "the king is angry at the both of you, for 600 years my father has protected you, even favored you Tauriel. And you Adrianna he let you stay in a nice room in stead of the filthy dungeons, and this is how you repay him? You defied his orders, betrayed his trust, " Now speaking in elvish,"Come back with me, and he will forgive you."

"But I will not, if I go back I will never forgive myself," Now speaking in common tongue, "the King has never let Orc fled our lands, yet he would let this Orc pack cross our borders and kill our prisoners."

I am such a third wheel Legolas are having a bit of a moment, but it is kind of fun to watch, "It is not our fight."

"It is our fight, it will not end here with every victory the evil will grow. If you father has his way we would do nothing we will hide within our walls live our lives away from the light and let darkness descend are we not part of this world? Tell me 'mellon' when did we let evil become stronger than us?" (A/N: mellon is friend in elvish just a little reminder :))

"Well, now that you two are done bickering I think it is quite important that we go now, we have time to make up from what we lost in your little altercation," I say getting my sass on.

Now that we are finally moving, we must figure out a way to cross this lake.

~~~

Hey, thank you so much for reading I just got a Mac so it is going to be much easier to type on here than my iPhone!

I NEED YOUR HELP I have a bit of an issue, how do they cross the lake! any ideas? comment on this chapter and help me out whoever I like the best will get a shout out and the next chapter dedicated to you! Thank you

Btw on the side is sorta what I imagine the aumor that Adrianna is wearing.

Love you guys!

-Kailie Garey