The Welcoming of Lake town

A/N: Before we start the chapter I am going to make sure to make my chapters a lot longer... I am going to strive for at least 1,000 words per chapter or more.

Chapter 9

The Welcoming of Lake town

Thorins POV

Thank goodness we found Bard, if it was not for him we would still be out there for that Elf scum to find us. Something has long been on my mind, one word, Adrianna. I feel betrayed, I thought her whole 'you need to respect me' thing would wash over and I would soon again be with the woman I love. That does not seem to be happening, I fear she may have fallen for that Elvish Prince, Legolas. What the heck, does he have that is better than me? I am way more handsome, and so much more sense, I have known her, her whole life, I know the way she thinks, and ticks! Why would she put me through this misery?!? I love her and I think she knows that. Stupid Princling! I hate him. I hate him with all my guts. I hate him with all my soul. I hate him with all my heart! He took what is mine, my most precious thing! My Adrianna. I will have my revenge I will get her back. She is mine all mine. I love her and he cannot take that what is spacial. And there it was, I turned around and there it stood, The Lonely Mountain, Erebor. We could see it through the fog, the reason why we are here.

I snap out of thought when the bargeman demands, "Give me the money now!"

"We will pay you Master Bargeman when we come across the lake," I answer reasonablly.

"If you want to be safe listen to what I say!" That filthy Bargeman left us no choice. I handed the money over reluctantly. It's offical, the company of this quest is broke. "Climb in the barrles."

"What?!?" Kili blurts.

"Hurry there are guards up a head!" He orders us. My company looks upon me to see what there next action might be.

"Get in," I grunt, what the heck did he have planned.

We stayed quiet, Bilbo was narrating everything that was happening. "He's talking to a man, he's pointing at us, now they are shaking hands."

"He's selling us out!" I said frantically. Before we could move a large crane came over our heads, and splish, spash, there were wet slippery things coming down upon our heads! Fish I have been drowned in fish, "oh," I say silently. I finally put 1 and 2 together! He wasn't selling us out he was just bringing us cover, maybe there was some decency to this man after all. We'll have to see if he comes through with his other half of the bargain. I still reek of fish. 

"Quiet," Bard orders, "We are approaching the toll gate."

At last we are almost there! We will be heading off soon, to my lovely Erebor. 

"Halt!" a man cried out in a high pitched squeaky voice, "Goods inspection! Papers please! Oh, it's you bard."

"Morning Percy," Bard responds.

"Anything to declare?"

"Nothing, but I am cold and tired...and am ready for home," Bard "declares".

"You and me both," the man called Percy responds, how long is this going to take just take us through the gate already! Can't Bard see that we need to make haste? I faintly hear the stamping of the paper, good we will be along soon. Without any disturbances. "There we are," Percy says probably giving the paper back to Bard, "All in order."

"Not so fast," a third man comes into the conversation, ugh we need to hurry! "Consignment of empty barrels from the Woodland Realm. Only, they're not empty." Crap he is going to give us away! I thought we were going to come in unnoticed?! "Are they Bard. If I recalled correctly, you're a licensed as a bargemen. Not a fisherman."