Crossing the Lake

Chapter 10

Crossing the Lake

(Adrianna's POV)

What on Middle-Earth are we going to do? We had no way off crossing the Lake! Maybe if we put our heads together we could muster up some sort of idea...and with any luck cross that lake! 

"Adrianna! Legolas! Come over here see what I have discovered!" Tauriel shouted to us from about 75 meters away.

"What? What is it you have found," I said scurrying over to her will Legolas close behind.

"Its a boat...er....ish," she couldn't have worded it better, it was sort of a boat more of a big canoe with short sides (A/N: to help you picture it think of it as Bard's boat and you know how it is short on the sides, that's how this boat is all around) I say a large stick not too far from it that we could use to paddle it. It is not a royal ship but it will have to do. Now we must be off for we have wasted too much time arguing.

(Thanks to @Abandon_Heaven_Lover for the idea!)

There is not much room in this "boat" and us three can barely fit in, but we make do. Tauriel is standing in the front telling Legolas, who is paddling in the back, where to go. I am in the midde looking for any danger that might strike us. We slowly but surely make our way across the lake; I just hope we get there soon... for everyone's sake's. I cannot but wonder about Kili, that poor young-ling was stuck with a Morgul Shaft, he cannot fall into darkness I have come to like so much and he has so much to offer this world. I also see how much he means to Thorin, and even though I may not care for Thorin the way I used too, I still don't want to see him going through the pain of loosing his youngest nephew. I jerk out of thought as soon as Legolas addresses Tauriel and I.

"There are guards up a head, I am sure they will know who I am and welcome me in," I says looking over to me and smirking. That show off.

"State your name and business in Lake Town, sir," the gates-men demanded.

"I am Prince Legolas Greenleaf of the Woodland Realm, son of King Thanduiel," he could not look more like a prince at this point. His posture was absolutely flawless, his state of the art weapons, and just the plain fact he looked like his father. "And this is Princess Adrianna of Rivendell daughter of Lady Andenessa," I had almost forgot I was a princess I don't really feel like one,"And lastly this is Tauriel, Captain of the Guard in the Woodland realm.

"I am sorry your highness," the gates-men said to us, "I did not recognize you, I am Percy by the way, Percy the Porter(Porter is the job title means same thing as gates-man) of Lake Town," He said with a bow. He started to open the gate and another man came.

"Now what is going on here, Percy?" the second man said.

"This is Prince Legolas son of King Thranduiel of the Woodlan Relm, and this is Princess Adrianna daughter of Lady Andenessa of Rivendell, and this is the Captin of the Gaurd from the Woodlan Relm, Tauriel," Percy said quickly and quietly.

"Wow, more royalty this was unexpected, what is it the Prince, Princess, and Captin need from the men of Lake Town?" The second man said.

"We are following a group of Dwarves, have by any chance seen them?" Legolas sort of orders.

"Yes they are off to Erebor, the set off this morning," the man said, "I'm sorry if that causes you any trouble, it's not every day we get a King with his Princes, a Prince, and a Princess here we have been forsaken by everyone but the Woodlan Realm. By the way I am Alfrid Lickspittle civil servant to the Master. Now you must come and see the Master he loves having company, and I am positive he will enjoy your ever so much."

"They were taken here by a bargeman, would you know where we could find this person?" I asked.

He stopped suddenly, a mixed expression came upon his face, surprise, anger, annoyance, and disaproval is what I could read. He must not have liked this bargeman character too much. "Bard, Bard, Bard," He mumbled, "Yes, of coarse. I will take you to him after we talk to the Master."

"Very well," darn I want to see him as soon as possible. Kili has been stabbed with a Morgul Shaft and they are not fun to deal with only Elvish medicine, and powerful Elvish medicine at that could heal such a wound. Only Athelas could heal a wound like that. I have read about Morgul poisoned weapons...if I recall correctly the victim of the weapon, if they did not die or turn into a Wraith would get very, very sick on the anniversary of the wound being inflicted. He would have to bear it the rest of his life

"Ah! Here we are the House of the Master, he will bid thee a warm welcome," Alfrid assured us.

We walked inside, it was um well...not to sound rude or anything, but cluttered and a mess. Then I saw the Master of the men of Esgaroth, supposedly the wisest of all the mean. No offence but he did not look like he was very smart or of anything the men claim him to be. 

"And who would these people that you have brought so willingly into my halls, Alfrid?" The Master demanded.

"Sire, this here is Prince Legolas Greenleaf, son of King Thranduiel of the Woodlan Realm. This is Princess Adrianna daughter of Lady Andenessa of Rivendell. This is the Captain of the Guard in the Woodlan Realm, Tauriel," wow, these men really remember names well. First Percy, now Alfrid. 

"I am so sorry I did not regignise you, Prince Legolas. With all the comotion of the 'King Under the Moutain' and the journey to Erebor, everything seems to be happening all at once. Now please, let me offer you dinner for you must be hungry after the journey here," now turning away from us, "Alfrid! Prepare a feast and bring my finest liquor, and don't forget the Brandy!"

We did accept the offer, we did not want the Master of Esgaroth not to want our company. I day-dreamed most of the time, just staring out of the window then I noticed something...no, this cannot be happening Orcs, Gundabad Orcs. "Legolas, Gundabad Orcs."

"Sorry Sir, but we must leave we did not know the time and we must go," I said in great haste.

"If you must you can, I bid you a fond farewell, Prince Legolas, Princess Adrianna, and Captain Tauriel," The Master replied.

We rush to the exit and we follow those foul creatures killing them as we go.

--------

A/N- Thank you so much for reading I am sorry that it was short it was sort of a filler chapter the next chapter will be much longer. I will be switching between Adrianna's and Thorin's point of view, I might throw in some other characters I don't know! 

Thank you so much to @Abandon_Heaven_Lover for giving me the awesome suggestion for the story! I will message you on wattpad about the little prize!

-Kailie Garey