Moving

Adeline

"Hey Nik?" I yelled grabbing my phone dialing Stefan. "Yes?" He called back. "Pack the front room. I got upstairs" I heard his footsteps going down when Stefan answered.

"Adeline I have told you a million times. Yes I'm sure" I smiled. "I know. But it's your home. Don't you want to have a place with Caroline?" He sighed. "Ad. I have a place with Care. You know this. The Salvatore house is yours." I smiled. "Thank you Stefan. I'll call when we get it all done. I love you" I said. "I love you to" he said before hanging up. I finished up the last box for our room and looked around the now bare room sighing.

Before I knew it arms were around my waist. I laid my head against him. "Wow" I said softly. "What?" He asked. "Our first house we lived in together and now we are leaving" he smiled lightly. "I know." He whispered. "What about the tree house? What if it gets tore down?" He smiled. "I have a surprise with that one" I smiled. "You know I hate surprises Nik" I said getting my backpack. He sighed. "Babe. Calm down. You know you love the new house. It's the Salvatore mansion. You love it there" I nodded. He got the boxes from downstairs and we loaded up before he got in the moving truck. "Your not coming with me?" He asked. "I'll be there soon. I need to go see someone. I love you. Be safe" he nodded and left. I walked back inside with all the pictures off the walls. The only things left were bare furniture. I sighed and went upstairs to our now old room leaving against the door frame.

"Hello new memories" I whispered before walking out. I walked to Rics house and walked in not bothering to knock. "You could knock you know. Just because I said your welcome anytime" I smiled as he walked downstairs hugging me. "Where's Klaus?" He asked. "At the house. He's unpacking" he nodded. "Want a drink?" I smiled.

"Let me guess. Rum and Coke?" I laughed. "You remember" he smiled and I followed him to the kitchen. I sat on his counter as he prepared drinks. "So." He said handing me mine. I took a sip looking at him. "Have you talked about it yet?" I shook my head no. "No. He acts like he forget. Which I didn't obviously. And I would have said yes" Ric nodded. "He was just drunk" he finished for me. I nodded. "Do you want to marry him?" I nodded. "Yes. Of course. Obviously. He's the love of my life. But I don't know. He doesn't remember proposing and I'm not going to remind him" I said sighing. "Hey. It will turn out. I promise" I smiled and we finished our drinks talking. "Okay. I need to go before he freaks out" I said jumping off the counter. I hugged Ric. "Bye. Love you" I smiled. "Love you to. Bye dad" I said before walking out.

(Alaric adopted me after I turned. He's now my dad and parental figure. Unless I'm little)

I walked to the house and got inside seeing Nik hanging pictures up. I grabbed some boxes for the bedroom and took the upstairs beginning unpacking. Wow.

New house.

New life. All with Nik.