Come back

Adeline

I stood up. "Seriously?" I asked. He sat up. "I'm sorry" he whispered.

"Are you serious?? Your trying to compel me when you at the door with a girl not telling me who she is and telling her I won't be home tonight?" I asked throwing a pillow across the room.

"How do you know about that?" He asked. I rolled my eyes. "Vampire. I can hear. You could have at least went outside so I didn't get the thought in my mind that you want to cheat. But why would you? The thought was already in my mind when you closed the door and said right to my face that no one was there!" I said running my hands through my hair. "Calm down" Nik said getting up standing in front of me. He went to touch me but I backed up. "Don't" I said before grabbing my bag.

"Don't worry. I'll be at Lexis."
I said before running out so he couldn't catch me. When I got outside I was pissed. I started running in the woods until I bumped into something that knocked me back.

"Watch your step darling" I smiled and he helped me up before I hugged him. "Your back" I whispered. "I'm back" Enzo said.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"It's good to see you healthy again. But I heard it had a price" he said as we sat at the park eating hamburgers. I nodded. "Vampire now." I look at the families playing and smiled sadly. "Do you like it?" He asked. I shrugged. "Pros and cons" I whispered.

"Pros?" I smiled and finally looked at him. "Fast. Can't die easily. And I'm pretty cool" he laughed. "Cons?" I looked down not answering. "You won't be able to have a family" he said. I nodded. "You want one?" I looked up at him and nodded softly. "Yes. But I can't. So it doesn't matter" I said before taking another bite.

"Why were you in the woods?" He asked. "I could ask the same" he smiled. "I was there because me and Nik got into a fight. He tried to compel me" Enzo nodded. "I was hunting. Now that I'm free without being sired, I can hunt anytime" I smiled. "When's the last you fed?" He asked. "Uhm. 2 days ago I think. Nik gave me a blood bag" he rolled his eyes. "Come on" he said standing up holding out his hand. I took it and followed him into the woods.

————————————————

After feeding we went back to his place and I changed before sitting on the couch. Nik called and I answered stepping outside.

"Where are you? Lexi and Ric doesn't know" he said. "I'm with a friend. Why does it matter. I'm a big girl. I can take care of myself." He groaned. "Adeline. Come back. I will explain everything then" I rolled my eyes. "No. I'm where I'm at. There shouldn't have to be anything to explain." I sis before hanging up. I walked inside and grabbed my bag. "Enzo?" I said walking into the kitchen. He looked at me. "I'm going to Kols house. I'll see you soon" I said before leaving.

Nik - Come back home.

Adeline - no. I'm with your brother. I'm safe. I'll be home tomorrow. I need alone time.