Providence

Niklaus

Bekah arrived later with boxes. I undid one to see the ring and a note on top. I held the ring as I read the note.

Nik,
I'm not over you. And I'm not happy without you. I've never felt this low. But if that's how you feel I will let you go. Someone great once said 'if you love something let it go' so this is me saying; I love you. And I'm letting you go. To prove I'm going to dad. He's going to erase my memory. It will be like you never existed. If you are happy without me I will make sure I never try to come back for you. I love you with all my heart Nik. And you will always be the love of my life. You will always be my daddy and my shield. I love you Niklaus. Have a happy life in Providence.
    ~ Adeline Rose Mikealson

No. I'm so stupid. I grabbed my car keys. "What are you doing?" Bekah asked. I looked at her. "Saving the love of my life" I said before running out jumping in my car trying to get to Adeline to stop her.

Adeline

"Your serious?" Ric asked. I nodded. "He's happy without me. I need to let him go" I said softly. He sighed. "If this is what you want. I will" I nodded. "Find the moment you knew you were in love with Klaus" I sighed closing my eyes scanning through memories. "The day my eyes met his in the grill." I whispered.

"Who is Niklaus Mikealson?" He asked for the hundredth time of trying this. "Kols brother. The love of my" he cut me off. "Your not trying Adeline" he said. I sighed. "I need some fresh air. Maybe this was a bad idea after all" I mumbled before standing walking outside. Standing there with tears rolling down his face with my note clutched in his hand.

"Nik" I breathed out.