Can't

Adeline

I dropped Kol off and he sighed as he got out. "Come inside. Let's talk" he said. "I have to go." I whispered. He sighed before getting his bag. I drove off and the tears started to fall. I stopped on Wickery Bridge and got up looking over the side. "Now I hope you don't plan on jumping because it's to cold for a swim right now" I heard from behind me. I smiled sadly and wiped my eyes before turning around. "Hello love" I smiled and hugged him. "I missed you Enzo" I whispered. "I missed you to" he pulled back and frowned wiping away a tear that slipped. "What's going on?" I looked down before sighing. "Come on" I said climbing in the car. He got in and I drove us to his place. I explained everything before sighing. "I don't know anymore." I whispered. "Tell him. Exactly how you feel. Your not going to accomplish anything keeping it in" I nodded. "I just need some time" Enzo sat beside me and wrapped his arms around me. I buried my face in his neck crying not being able to keep it in any longer. "Shh Love. Your safe" he whispered rubbing my back.

HOURS LATER.

"I need to go home" I whispered handing him my paint brush. We backed up and I smiled. We had decided to paint his walls because they were plain. I had painted our old town and us there happy. He hugged me before I left. I walked inside the house and I heard quick shuffling. I listened in. "Closet! Go. I'll talk to her" I heard Nik whisper. "You sure?" I heard the woman's voice again. I stopped listening in and sighed softly going to the front room getting a coke and rum before standing next to the fireplace. Footsteps came down and I looked into the fire. "Your home" he whispered. I nodded taking a sip. "Say something" he whispered. I looked at him and he ran his fingers through his hair fixing it. "Who's the girl?"
I whispered. He looked at me like I was insane. "Adeline. What?" I shook my head standing up finishing my drink. "Who's the girl?" I asked again. He didn't answer. I threw the glass in the fireplace. "Who is she?!" I asked louder.

"What girl??" He asked. "The girl who was at the door that day. The girl who's in the closest upstairs!" I exclaimed. He sighed. "I cannot believe this" I said grabbing my coat. He ripped it away from me and I looked at him. "If you would give me 2 damn seconds to explain" he said trying to keep his cool. "Fine. Explain" I said crossing my arms.

"She's a friend. She's helping me. Like therapy. She helps me keep the relationship interesting" he whispered. "Do I need a therapy?" I whispered. He looked at me in disbelief. "I just told you I had a therapist and you still find a way to blame yourself?" He asked. I sighed.

"You want me to blame you? Fine. It's your fault. It's your fault I'm a vampire. It's your fault I can't be normal. It's your fault you need a therapist. Happy now?" I asked before turning around. He sped in front of me. "Don't turn your back on me!" He yelled.

"I should have turned my back on you ages ago!!" I shouted. "Nik this isn't working. It's to fast or not fast enough. It's to much excitement or not enough. It's stressful and if it's not then it's dangerous. I can't do this anymore" I said before looking down. He didn't answer. I got my jacket and walked to the door. "Then maybe we need a break" he finally answered. I turned around and was slightly happy.

"Your right. Let's cool off. Stop fighting. Get some ice cream or something" I said slipping my coat on grabbing my keys. I looked at him. "A break from us Adeline" he whispered.

At that second the only thing I could even think of feeling was pain and heartbreak. "Right" I mumbled before walking out slamming the door. I drove off.

Enzo

Knock. Knock. Knock.

I opened the door and saw Adeline teary eyed, her hair a mess, holding her stomach.

"Can I stay with you for a while?" She whispered. I pulled her into a hug. "Of course! Of course" I whispered. "Enzo" she whispered after a few minutes. She looked at me. "He broke up with me" she whispered her voice cracking