I dont need this

Adeline

I looked around with tears in my eyes. "Of course" I whispered smiling. He smiled widely and hugged me tightly kissing me. "I love you so so much" he whispered as he slid the ring on my finger. We walked inside and when I showed my hand they all screamed and hugged me tightly. Wow.

I'm engaged...

_____________________

The next morning

I woke up in bed with Nik and smiled lightly looking at my finger. "Your awake" I heard him whisper. I looked over and smiled. "I'm awake" I said softly kissing him. When I pulled back he frowned. "What's wrong? Your sad" he said. I shook my head no. "I'm overwhelmed. We are engaged. They love of my life proposed to me. I'm happy" I said. He smiled. "I'll go make some breakfast" he said getting up pulling a robe on to cover himself.

(Adeline and Klaus have slept together by this point just putting that out there)

I got up slipped back into my pajamas from last night sighing. I walked downstairs to find Elijah in the front room running his hands through his hair. "Elijah" Hayley said sighing. "Don't Hayley. Don't" he said pulling away. I looked in confused. "I don't need this right now" she said grabbing her coat and running out. I chased her and stood in front of her. She stopped and wiped her eyes.

"Don't ask me to come back. I don't need to be yelled at. If I wanted to be I would have stayed in Virginia with Enzo" she said. I hugged her. "Calm down Hayley bug. I was making sure your okay. What's going on with you and Enzo?" I asked. She pulled back and sighed wiping the tears away. "Me and him don't exactly get along anymore. He got mad because I came here with Elijah. He tried to explain to me that I needed a break but I yelled at him and said I didn't. I should have listened" I sighed and pulled out $200.

"Here's what you do. You to back to Mystic falls. Fly. Drive. I don't care. You go back. Get a break from Elijah. Make things right with Enzo. I'll tell everyone that I sent you home on a mission or something. Go. You need it" she hugged me tightly and nodded before leaving. I sat on the sidewalk and sighed tears in my eyes as well.

"You gonna rat me out?" I asked. I heard him laugh. "Why should I?" I smiled as he sat next to me. "Thought you were dad" I whispered looking at Stefan. "No. He sent me to find you. Said I knew how to handle you best" I nodded looking down. "What's wrong?" He asked after a minute.

"I don't know. It's just all to much right now" I said wiping my eyes. "How?" I sighed.

"Why did he wait so long? Why now? It's been 3 years. When he got drunk and proposed was a year ago. Why wait a year to actually do it? It feels like he thinks he has to. That if he doesn't I want wait for him" Stefan nodded. "Will you?" I rolled my eyes. "Of course. He's the love of my life. What would I do?" Stefan smiled.

"Talk to your dad. He knows how to handle this. By the way. Breakfast is cold. And don't worry" he said pulling me up from the ground as we walked inside. "I'll cover for you"