Eleven

Eddie paced the length of the porch.
It felt wrong showing up uninvited to someone's house, but Eddie needed to get a few things straight with his partner.

He felt a wave of nausea hit him. Eddie grabbed his stomach tightly and readied himself at the door. He took a deep breath and knocked, running over his lines in his head. He would be firm, but not too firm, keep a level head, but if push came to shove..

The door flew open surprising Eddie who jumped at the sight his jaw going slack. Mrs. Tozier stood with a smile on her face. She squealed throwing her arms around Eddie squeezing him until he didn't have any air left in his lungs. "Eddie! Oh my goodness! You've gotten so big! Oh! Oh! I've missed you!" She giggled excitedly pulling him away at an arms length to get an eyeful of him.

Eddie smiled bashfully, she hadn't changed at all. Maggie was always a sweetheart, and a great mother. Extremely supportive and helpful. She sighed heavily and shook her head laughing loudly.
Oh and loud, all Tozier's were loud.
"What am I doing? Come inside!" Maggie snorted pulling Eddie indoors.

Eddie toed off his shoes leaving them by the door. "It's good to see you too Maggie. Is Richie around? I need to talk to him." He said looking around the house, it hadn't changed since the last time he'd been over either. It was like walking through his memory.

Maggie lead Eddie through the hall and peeked her head around the corner. "He's in his room. Came home all.. Boyish, you know? Angry, hormonal." She shook her head of curls.
Maggie had always wanted a girl, she had a hard time understanding Richie but she loved him unconditionally.

Eddie thanked her with a smile and headed down the deserted hall. He stopped outside of Richies bedroom raising his fist to knock. He thought of what he wanted to say but found himself blanking.

Eddie knocked lightly on the bedroom door. Waiting patiently for a response that never came, he twisted the doorknob.
Upon entering the room he stopped seeing Richie sprawled across his bed, headphones slot on his head.

Eddie swallowed and mustered up the strength to surge forward. He closed the door slowly behind him and walked toward the bed. "Richie.." He tried his voice coming out hoarsely. Eddie could hear the music clear as day, that's how loud Richie was blaring it. He huffed and grabbed the boys ankle, giving it a shake.

Richie shot up instantly, gasping. His eyes flew open landing on Eddie wide with surprise then glaring. Richie tore the headphones off his head and tossed them beside him. "How did you get in here?" He demanded, immediately coming off as defensive.

Eddie folded his arms over his chest and rolled his eyes. "Your mom let me in. Listen Richie, I don't know what's bothering you but we need to work together." He sympathized deciding it was best not to fight fire with fire. Richie was already pissed off, and Eddie was exhausted. 

Richie adverted his gaze opting to stare at his comforter. He picked at the material then sighed heavily. "I'm sorry." Richie whispered softly surprising Eddie. Richie gnawed on his bottom lip then faced Eddie his gaze holding steady. "I can't.. Focus. All I can think about is you." He admitted and Eddie felt his pulse rise at the statement.

Eddie didn't want to admit the way his heart leaped in his chest. He pushed it away as a sign of nervousness, just how he coined the butterflies in his stomach as nausea. God, he felt sick. Eddie wet his lips and knit his brows, "Richie.." He began exasperatedly but Richie quickly cut him off, standing to meet him in the middle.

"I know. That was a long time ago. I had my chance and I blew it." Richie tore his eyes away from Eddie glaring painfully at his folded hands. He ran a hand through his unruly hair glancing up at Eddie. "But I've changed," Richie stressed his case.