0.8

SOMETHING IS WRONG

SOMETHING IS WRONG. Is all Enoch could think. Ingrid hasn't been back and she's not answering her phone. Enoch is freaking the fuck out. He knew that this had to have something to do with Mystic Falls and Elena fucking Gilbert, so he started gathering his stuff in order to head back.

"Where are you going?" Jenna asked.

"Mystic Falls."

"Why? Why would she be there? She'd be somewhere around here." Jenna asked, cocking her head to the left. She was sitting on the bed with her phone in her hand.

"Because everything that happens has to do with that damn town."

"But what if it doesn't?"

"Then you can stay here!" Enoch snapped, "But I'm gonna go find my best friend!" Jenna flinched slightly and Enoch felt bad. Damn him for being a slightly good person.

He sighed, "I'm sorry, Jenna. I'm just worried. How about you stay here and see if she comes back and I'll go to Mystic Falls." When she nodded he continued, "You stay in here and don't let anyone in. Call me if anyone tries to get in or if she comes back, okay?"

•—•

The whole drive back Enoch was daydreaming, thinking of the worst possible things that could've happened. How he didn't wreck he doesn't know. He did a sort of cloaking spell so that he wouldn't be bothered when driving way over the speed limit. He doesn't even really park, he just pulls into the driveway and turns it off. He doesn't bother knocking he burst into the front door of the Salvatore Boarding House.

"Where is she, you bastards!" he yelled as soon as he's in the house.

"Where's who?" Damon asked looking unconcerned with it.

"Ingrid, you piece of shit!"

Damon just looked confused, "I don't know where she is. Why would I know?" And so Enoch explained what happened. Damon poured himself a glass of bourbon and sat down.

"Where is she?"

Damon shook his head, "I don't know."

"Bullshit. You're hiding something and you better fucking tell me." When Damon hesitated he said, "NOW!"

"Fine. Klaus wants to have his ritual—"

Enoch interrupts, "I'm sorry who wants to have what?" Damon groaned and gave him a quick run down of everything Enoch missed. So this dude name Klaus wants to be a vampire and a werewolf mixed but can't because of a curse, so he needs to do this ritual to break the curse. In order to do this he needs a moonstone, werewolf, a vampire and a doppelganger. Klaus was gonna use Caroline and Tyler but Damon saved them, so Klaus made Katherine call Jenna to bring her here. Only Jenna didn't answer. And Ingrid is now missing.

"So, where the fuck are they doing this ritual?"

•—•
Ingrid woke up in a ring of fire. Everything felt weird. She could hear the people's heartbeat around her.

"What the fuck?" She groaned.

"You're in transition," a whiny voice said. Please say that's not Elena Gilbert, Ingrid thought. But no such luck. It's Elena fucking Gilbert.

"What the fuck happened?" Ingrid asked.

"You were brought here and then Klaus turned you," she said, "For the ritual."

"Why?"

"They thought you were Jenna."

"Oh. Yeah. So I'm gonna die?"

"No! No. I won't let you die." Elena said. She sounds like she actually believes that.

"And how are you gonna stop it?" Ingrid rolled her eyes, "Just accept it. I'm gonna die."

No you're not. Ingrid's head popped up and she looked at the figure standing by the trees. It's not your time yet.

•—•

Damon stopped to have a talk with John Gilbert, but Enoch left. He drove as far as he could to the place where the ritual would take place and then he walked, well ran, the rest of the way.

He saw the lights of fire ahead and ran as fast as he could. Nothing could have prepared him to see a stake being driven through his best friend's heart.

Enoch screamed, "NO!" and all he saw was red.

•—•

He heard later what happened, but he doesn't remember it. He blacked out. As told from the other people there he apparently went ape shit. He stood there, screaming, arms stretched out and sending out blasts of magic everywhere. That part's a bit confusing as Enoch doesn't have his own magic and he didn't have anything on him to siphon. He assumes it was something to do with the overwhelming magic in the air from the ritual. He knocked over some trees and sent Klaus flying away from Ingrid. His eyes were white, as they were rolled back into his head and eventually he just collapsed. Like a puppet who just had his strings cut. Elena got drained and Klaus lived because Elijah wants their family back or some shit like that. When Enoch woke he was at the Salvatore's.

"Ingrid!" Enoch gasped out, tripping when he tried to get out of the bed. Now on the floor, Enoch noticed how weak he felt and the fact that his head was pounding. As his mind went over what he remembers, he swallowed painfully and crossed his arms over his chest as if you ward of the sudden pain there. His heart felt like it was going to beat right out of his chest and his vision blurred. He began to cry. No, not cry, sob. He sat with his legs under him and lowered his chest to the ground. He stretched his arms out in front of him and pressed his face into the floor. He gripped the carpet so hard he could feel strands of it coming out and sticking between his fingers, clinging to the sweat. He heard loud thundering and assumed it was his heartbeat in his ears, until he heard whispers. Turns out the whole house has come to watch his Mental Breakdown. Stay tuned and you'll get to see a special feature: Disassociation. He felt hands touch his back, trying to pull him up.

"It's okay, Enoch. It'll be okay." a soft, feminine voice said. He began to relax slightly before he realized it isn't who he wants, who he needs. It'll never be who he needs again. His sobs began to change, turning into screams. But they weren't loud, the screams wouldn't come out. They were more like whispers.

"Shh, Enoch. Calm down. It's okay." the feminine voice returned. Enoch began to move more into her hold believing to see the blonde hair of his precious sunshine child. Only to see brown hair. He immediately through himself away.

"What the fuck do you want?" Enoch sneered. Elena recoiled in surprise at his change in tone. "You're the reason she's dead. You're the reason why I lost my best friend. You're the reason why she's gone and I'm alone. Oh god. I'm alone." he starts sobbing again at the last word. Elena starts crying at that and Stefan and Damon abandon their post at the door to comfort her, leaving Enoch to cry alone.

"Oh my god!" a new voice says. Looking up he sees Caroline. He reaches for her, like a child would reach for his mother. Like a drowning man would reach for a thrown lifesaver. Like a nearly insane person reaches for his only anchor. And she sat down and pulled him to her and she held him as he cried. And cried. And cried.