1.2

ENOCH HAS GONE CRAZY and he doesn't know how to feel about it

ENOCH HAS GONE CRAZY and he doesn't know how to feel about it. Like on one hand it was inevitable with his family, but on the other hand it's completely terrifying. He thought he would turn into his brother and as much as he didn't want to, he was preparing himself to snap. He didn't want to be a murderer, but that's what he thought was going to happen. He's a siphoner too. He's defective. It's only natural, right? The boy who could only take, who could only suck the life out of everything around him would eventually have the tables turned on him. The life would slowly be sucked out of him until eventually he was unrecognizable to the people around him. They would only see the psychotic maniac who snapped one day. That's not what's happening. He's not about to kill someone. No. Mother Nature's coming for him in a different way. But it's no less brutal.

Enoch's losing his mind. He see people out of the corner of his eye, but when he turns they're gone. Then he hears it. A laugh. Echoing in his head. He hears whispers. When he tries to listen to what they're saying all he can hear is his name. Enoch. Enoch. Eeeeenoch.

It's worse when he sleeps. All the demons of his mind come out to play. They leer at him. They smirk. They laugh. They cry. They scream. Enoch wants to scream, but he can't. He wakes up struggling to breath like something is sitting on his chest. Like something is choking him. No. Like something is squatting inside his throat. Like a snake. He feels it slither around and he runs to the bathroom to throw it up. Only for nothing to come out. There's nothing there. He sits there and cries. And cries. And cries. He wants to talk to someone. He wants to talk to Ingrid. He wants to talk to Kai. But he can't. He can't because Kai is gone. And Ingrid has her own problems. She wakes up screaming almost every night. Her powers. Her visions. They're worse. And at night in her dreams, she sees things. Horrible things. She see people getting tortured. She sees people dying. She has enough problems. She doesn't need Enoch's crazy ass.

It's not just the things he sees. (He doesn't want to call them visions because Ingrid sees visions and that's not what he sees) There are days when he feels so great. Like he can do anything. And he's ready to concur the world. He doesn't need sleep, he doesn't need to rest, he just needs to go. And then he crashes, hard. And it hurts. Like sometimes he just feels so, so heavy that he can't do anything. Sometimes he feels sad, some of the time he feels numb. Sometimes he just wants to lay there and die. and then, then he's okay, for a little while, until the whole cycle starts again. The people, no the things he sees are there. A lot. Which is why he doesn't blink an eye when he starts seeing dead people. It's the night after the bonfire. Ingrid's asleep. Enoch's avoiding sleep. He sees his dead brother, Joey first. He ignores him because he doesn't want to hear the horrible things he's gonna say. Then he sees his dead twin sister Annie. He ignores her too. When he saw her she tried to talk to him, so he put headphones on and blared music. Eventually she too, left. Then Ingrid woke up. Screaming as usual and Enoch went to comfort her.