1.7

(TRIGGER WARNING BRIEF MENTION OF PAST SEXUAL ASSAULT) also sorry it's so short i've been really busy with school and i promised someone i would get this out. not a lot happens this chapter it's just explanations.

 not a lot happens this chapter it's just explanations

"OKAY SO EXPLAIN IT TO ME AGAIN," Ingrid said.

"Ingriiid," Enoch whined, "I already explained it to you."

"I know. That's why I said again."

"I hate you."

"I know," she put her hand on his cheek and smiled lovingly for a second then she lightly smacked him, "Now explain."

"Okay so this basically started after you died. I saw you and it apparently wasn't you and it just all spiraled. I keep seeing this dark demonic figure especially and lately I feel a lot of pain and I pass out. I have no clue why this is happening. I think I'm just going crazy."

"Hmm," Ingrid looked off in the distance and her vision unfocused, "Oh shit."

"What?"

"OH SHIT!" she jumped up and started pacing.

"What!"

"Okay so when I started seeing stuff it wasn't always like this."

"I know. It got stronger with time."

"Exactly!" she jumped around and pointed at him, "Exactly! Okay so it started really picking up when I turned 14 and that man raped me."

"Hold the fuck on, what?!"

Ingrid stopped and her face went pale, "Oh yeah. Heh I guess I forgot to mention that."

"Who the fuck did it? I'm gonna kick someone's ass. Wait. Are you okay? Like so you need to talk about it? Oh my god we've had sex. Were you ever uncomfortable? I'm so sor—" Ingrid interrupted his panic filled rant.

"I'm okay now. And I promise you that every time we had sex it was wanted. Who it was doesn't matter. It's in the past. I'm doing okay. I've moved on."

Enoch took a deep breath in, "Okay."

"Okay. Now back to what I was saying. After that it really kickstarted. I started seeing and hearing a lot more spirits and visions and eventually I got to
where I am today. I think something like that happened to you. It was jump started when I died. It was something really traumatic for you."

"But I'm not seeing visions like you."

"Not like me no. I don't think everything you see is... real. But some of it might have some validity."

"What do you mean?"

"I... Enoch I'm going to be very blunt okay. You need to hear it, okay?"

"Okay. Shoot, babe. Don't hold back."

"I think that after what Kai did it was only a matter of time before you snapped. I was just the straw that broke the camel's back."

Enoch flinched, "I'm not like Kai," his voice broke.

"No, baby, not like Kai. You're not going to kill your siblings. But I think that in your family there is a history of mental illness. Especially in the twins. Because from what you've told me Kai had issues and eventually he snapped. Olivia also has more issues. Not on the scale of Kai maybe, but enough to be "jaded"," she put air-quotes around "jaded", "And you too. You're all different. You are seeing and hearing things that aren't there are you have these... mood swings that don't make sense. One day you're ready to take on the world and the next you're so depressed I'm afraid you're going to kill yourself."

"You know when I said don't hold back I didn't think it was going to be this bad," he chuckled wetly.

Ingrid smiled sadly, "I'm sorry, but you need it. So yes. I think a lot of the things you see aren't real, but I think some of it is. In a way."

"How? That doesn't make any sense!"

"It does though. You're a witch, Enoch. You have magic. And when you need help that magic reacts. I noticed that these past couple times. Like when I died you saw me and found me. When you passed out there was something in common. Kol was in danger. I think that just like someone spirits from beyond are trying to get to you to help you. To help the man you love—"

"Hold on ain't nobody talking about love!"

Ingrid rolled her eyes, "Anyway! I think that that's what happens sometimes,"

"Sometimes but not all. So how the hell am I supposed to tell the difference?"

"I have no clue. But Enoch I think you need to
see a doctor. This isn't healthy."

"What am I supposed to tell them? About magic and vampires and all that shit?"

"Enoch. I know you well enough that you can tell them enough without telling them everything. You can find away. Maybe you'll be able to sort everything out."

"Maybe."

They sat there for a while silent.

"I love you," Ingrid said, "More than anything"

"More than anything," Enoch echoed with a smile. No matter what. They'd be fine. They'll work it out.

A.N. okay so rant time to in depth explain. enoch has schizoaffective disorder. which is basically like having bipolar disorder and schizophrenia. so for the most part the things he sees and hears aren't real. but sometimes his magic influences his hallucinations and he sees things that are supposed to help him. and it kinda ties in to souls. everyone has a soul and sometimes souls know what's going to happen before they happen. they can come to people to try and change things but most people can't see. ingrid is one of the few who can. enochs magic uses his delusions in order to show and warn him of things. this is why he saw ingrid when he thought she was dead. she came to him in order to help him find her and his magic made him a delusion in order to help him. but ingrid didn't consciously do it. some of you guys made the guess the the demonic thingy was kol. and you are sorta right. the demonic thing is one of his delusions, it's there to torment him but it also represents kol's soul in a way. for two reasons
1.) when he first saw the demonic thing it was before he even met kol. remember when i said souls know what's going to happen? well kol was stuck being daggered and his soul was trying to get out. it went to enoch, but enoch had never seen kol so if he had seen kol before he ever met him it would've thrown him for a loop because "how has he seen him before?" so it's better to be a demonic blob
2.) kol is a pretty dark and twisted person so it
makes sense his soul would be represented as a demonic blob.
so because of these two things enochs magic showed kols soul as the demonic blob enoch sees. but every time enoch sees something it doesn't always mean something which is going to confuse him. and every time kol or someone else is in danger he's not always going to have a warning. it's very confusing. and i hope this made sense.

ALSO IF ANYONE HAS OR KNOW SOMEONE WHO HAS SCHIZOAFFECTIVE DISORDER AND HAS ADVICE ON HOW TO WRITE IT THAT WOULD BE GREAT. IM TRYING TO BE ACCURATE.