The Barrens (Richie Tozier)

Requested by Sinthanysinner34

Pairing: Richie x Male!Reader

Summary: Too busy running away from a psychopath, you accidentally come across a strange group of people and can't help thinking that one of them is cute.

Word Count: 790+

Warning: swearing

A/N: Sorry, this isn't my best. I kind of wrote half of it a week ago and then finished it yesterday so I feel like it's a bit split up

You were absolutely terrified. Being chased by a crazed psychopath was not what you expected when you moved to Derry. You thought it would be pretty boring, everyone dying to get out of school and move somewhere else.

However, here you were in the most horrific situation you could think of.

"Come back here you motherfucker!"

No way in hell you were going to turn around, that was the one mistake you said you would never make after watching so many horror movies. Instead, you focused on maneuvering around trees, keeping up your pace in hopes that somehow they'd lose you.

When you couldn't hear their footsteps behind you, you took a right, praying that your footsteps weren't leaving trails behind you. No matter what, your legs didn't stop moving, you were so afraid of being caught that you lost your footing and fell straight into the creek in front of you. It hurt like a bitch.

"Holy shit!" You heard a person yell, making you freeze. Did they find you? "This is just like last time!"

Before you could escape, there were people already next to you, bending down and asking if you were okay, tugging on your arm to get you out of the water. You had no clue how to respond. This murderer was chasing after me! No, they wouldn't believe that.

"Hey, hello? You there?" You blinked and jumped at the hand that appeared in front of you, bringing you a bit more into focus.

"Come on, we need to get out of here," You heard another say, making your head snap up.

"D-Don't touch me!" You yelped when one of them tried to grab your arm, your mind flashing back to the crazed teenage boy.

The hand flinched away, making the distance larger between you and the other boys. You scrambled a bit, slipping because of the water and small rocks.

"Woah, woah!" One of them called out, grabbing onto your shoulder to stop your face from planting into the rock in front of you. "What the fuck is wrong with you?" The boy cursed, making you swing your head up to look at him.

Oh. You had seen him at school, sure, but seeing him up close was a whole different experience. The thick-rimmed magnified glasses and the curls that bounced on the top of his head made him look cute. Wait, what were you thinking? You were close to dying a few seconds ago!

"Knife!" You blurted out, your mind scrambling to find what to say, "Murderer! Fucking psychopath!"

Everyone around you was beyond confused, eyes traveling around the group to see if anyone knew what you meant. Once you catch your breath, you were able to speak clearly. "A fucking psychopath is chasing after me!"

Then, it finally clicked in their minds. Henry's crew was back at it again. "You should have said that sooner!" The kid with a fanny pack whined, helping the curly-haired guy lift you up from the water. You followed them as they made their way back to the town, looking back over your shoulder every once in a while to make sure that he wasn't lingering around.

Soon enough, you were standing back in town, in an alleyway that, to you, seemed a bit more dangerous than the woods. "Did you get hurt?" The dark-haired curly-haired guy asked, eyes roaming over your exposed arms. Sure, there were bumps and bruises from when you fell, but luckily you were able to get away before it got serious.

"No," You sighed, crossing your arms in front of you as your cheeks heated up, It felt weird to be examined by such a cute guy. "I'm fine, thank you."

The boy in front of you let out a chuckle, patting you on the shoulder. "I'm Richie, what's your name?"

"O-Oh, uh-" You stuttered, "I'm (Y/n)." Wow way to ruin it (Y/n), you cursed yourself. That was way too obvious.

"Nice name!" He complimented, a slight smirk plastered on his face. "Well, guys, since we're done here, I'm going to the arcade." He then switched his attention back to you. "You can find me there if you ever want to hang out."

When he left, you were in absolute shock. You weren't sure if he was flirting with you or if it was just your imagination, but your face probably showed it all. Realizing this, his fanny-pack wearing friend gave you a smirk and winked, mouthing 'good luck'.

You were certain you were going insane, but there was no way you were going to waste the opportunity to talk to such a cute boy. The next day, you met up with Richie and managed to establish a friendship... and maybe a little more.