Richie Blurb: I'm in love with you

Idea from an OTP prompt generator

Although he was acting like he was invested in something else, Richie was watching you from the corner of his eye. You were lazed in Richie's room like normal. It was normal for the two of you to spend time together inside when it was hot out. Even when the other losers were getting together, sometimes the two of you would blow off their plans to spend time together.

You were happy to spend time with your best friend. Richie was one of those people that could entertain you even if there was nothing funny in the room. He was a natural entertainer and you often joked that he would become a comedian in the future.

Despite spending so much time together, you were painfully oblivious to his crush on you. All of the losers knew it from one look. Richie was always staring at you. His eyes would find you even if you were at the end of the busy school hallway. It's like he had a personal radar for you. You were too busy friend-zoning him to realize it.

You stared at the ceiling, eyes roaming over the chips of paint starting to peel from the surface.

"I wish I knew what other people really thought of me, don't you?" You rambled to Richie.

Richie nodded his head before realizing that you weren't even looking at him. He turned his head away from you to hide his reddening face.

"I guess so," Richie shrugged, but his high pitched voice gave his nervousness away. In his head, all he could think about was what you would do if you knew he liked you. God, he really liked you.

I love you, I love you, I'm in love with you so much it's killing me.

Of course, he could never say that to you though. You two were just friends and he was okay with that. As long as he could stay beside you and you're happy, then he's just fine.