Imagine: Richie Finding Your Item

Requested by anon

Requested by anon

Clutching the metal coin tightly in his right hand, Richie crouched down next to the Street Fighter machine. He pushed the machine back until he could feel fingers grazing over the rough texture of your favorite game card. He slowly pulled the card from the back, heart dropping at the sight. Seeing it again made more emotions roll through him.

You would always bicker with him about getting his eyes off the lame game screen, claiming that your favorite card game was superior. Richie would brush you off most of the time, playing the arcade game for hours while you begrudgingly joined him. Other times he would give him just to see your face light up with a smile; the smile lit so many feelings inside him.

But now, he could never see it again. You weren't there and you never will be. You were gone forever.

Richie found himself hating his past self. Maybe if he played the card game with you more, you'd be here. Maybe if he stopped making so many jokes about you, you'd be here.

Tears rolled from his cheeks onto the floor. Richie held the familiar card close to his chest, remembering about the time he accidentally threw it back there.

You were annoying him again, whining about how he was taking so long finishing his game. Richie had a bad morning and couldn't stop himself from grabbing your card out of irritation, chucking the card up in the air. The card flew in the air and ended up disappearing behind the machine.

"Richie what the fuck!" You yelled, stomping over to the back of the machine. The card was nowhere to be seen. You tried to stick your hand in the crevice to grab it but you couldn't feel it anywhere.

You were mad at him for the rest of the day and it did not help his already sour mood. However, he tried to make it up to you the following week, buying you ice cream and playing your favorite card game (even if there was one less card).

"Fuck," Richie breathed, his breath hitching as he tried to keep himself from making noise. "If only you were here."