Imagine: Telling Stanley You're Pregnant

Used prompt #11 from honeyboychangbin "Sentence Starters" post on Tumblr

C/n stands for cat name

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry," You mumbled, holding your breath as you maneuvered the cat's arm into the short sleeve.

It had been about a week since you took a pregnancy test and ever since you've been trying to find out how to reveal it to him. Of course, you've watched several different videos on other moms revealing they're pregnant but you wanted to add something personal to yours.

Stanley got a cat for the both of you two years ago and ever since they've been your baby. Whether it was watching TV or eating dinner, C/n would always be with you two. Even at night sometimes they would cuddle up between you and Stanley.

C/n has had a special place in Stanley's heart. Whenever he would come home from work, C/n would be the first some to greet him and they would be the first one to get any kisses. It amused you how much it seemed like C/n was your actual child.

"I swear I'll take you out as soon as he realizes," You promised, scratching the top of C/n's head. Dressing C/n up in an onesie was your perfect idea. There was no way he wouldn't notice the clothing when he walked in.

When you heard shuffling at the front door, C/n immediately jumped out of your lap. You followed them, a smile beginning to form on your face. Nerves were coursing through you but you didn't know if you were excited or nervous.

Biting your lip, you watched at the door swung open carefully and C/n started meowing, tail sticking up at the sight of their father.

"Hey, C/n," Stanley cooed, closing the door behind him before bending down to pick them up. Once his hands met the fabric, he squinted, eyes shooting up to you.

"Is the cat in a onesie?"

"Uh, no?" You said, trying to keep a straight face but it was difficult to fight the need to laugh.

Picking up the cat, you watched as Stanley's eyes scanned over the words on the front, his jaw dropping a bit from shock.

"What does that mean?" He asked, proceeding to read what it said, "Hello Daddy, I can't wait to meet you." You couldn't help but grin as his face paled, realization finally kicking in. "Wait, you're pregnant?"

Tears were beginning to form as you nodded your head vigorously. Stanley gently put C/n down before enveloping you in a hug, his chest beginning to shake as he cried.

"Are y-you serious?"

"Yes," You choked, holding Stanley to you tightly, "You're going to be a dad."