Devil Dog (Eddie Kaspbrak)

Requested by Animelover9801

Pairing: Eddie Kaspbrak x Reader

Summary: You run into a group of boys after a near-death experience with a devil dog.

Word Count: 800+

"Gracie, no!" I hollered, chasing after my dog as she started running into the woods. Of course, the one day that I took her on a walk she decides to wiggle out of her collar and run after a squirrel in the woods. "Gracie, stop!" I commanded, but it was no use. She wouldn't stop running no matter what I did.

I was jumping over tree roots and steering around trees, trying to keep up with Gracie but she was too fast. As soon as I realized she was gone, I stopped, panted, and looked around. She was nowhere to be seen, and I had no clue what direction I ran from. I was lost and alone.

"Gracie!" I called out desperately, "Gracie, please!"

Then, I heard whimpering. It was extremely quiet, but it was something. I started taking steps towards the sound, finding Gracie, but she was facing the opposite way.

"Gracie, come on girl," I cooed, hoping that she would finally come to me. "Please," I whispered, slowly walking closer so I wouldn't scare her, "Gracie."

All of a sudden, she turned around, growling at me. Slobber was dripping from her mouth and her large teeth were showing. When I looked at her eyes, I knew something was wrong. This wasn't Gracie. She was looking at me with such malice and hate, it scared me to death. I was frozen in place as she started to take steps closer to me, baring her teeth menacingly. When she started to open her mouth, I came back to my senses and bolted in the other direction.

I was terrified and felt almost like crying, but I knew that my life was in danger. The dog that I loved for so many years was seconds away from killing me. I had to somehow get out of there. Unfortunately for me, I didn't notice the tree root protruding from the ground in enough time to avoid it. I was launched into the air and tumbled because of how fast I was running, saving me at least some time until my unfortunate doom. I tried to push myself off of the ground but Gracie caught up to me, about to take a chunk out of my leg. She was able to scratch my leg with the points of her teeth as I kicked her back, giving me enough time to start running again.

Although I was exhausted, my legs started pumping harder when I saw the edge of the trees. As soon as I made it past the tree line, I ran right into someone, tackling them to the ground.

I was panting, but I was so full of adrenaline that I bounced up from the ground. "Help me!" I pleaded, "Please help me!" It was at that moment that my leg gave out and I fell to the ground trembling.

The group of kids looked terrified, and the one I knocked down was scrambled through his fanny pack, pulling out an inhaler.

"We have to help her," The girl said to her friends, bending down next to me to take a look at my leg. I was shaking tremendously from the amount of adrenaline running through me, but I was starting to feel the pain from the scratch that Gracie gave me. It wasn't that deep, but it was bleeding pretty bad.

The boy I ran into once again scrambled through his fanny pack before pulling out bandages, cotton swabs, and an antiseptic. "I have this leftover from the store."

I hissed as the boy started putting on the antiseptic, pain starting to finally roll through my body. Then, I fell back, unable to hold myself up anymore. I spent all of my energy running from that demon dog.

"Sorry," The boy kept apologizing as he wrapped a bandage around my leg. The other boys around us seemed to be scanning the area for any danger.

"What happened?" The ginger asked gently, kneeling next to me.

"My dog," I panted, "she went mad. I don't even think it was her. She tried to eat me." I felt my tears starting to appear as I thought about what I just went through. I could have died.

I watched as the group around me started sending each other worried glances. "I swear I'm not crazy," My voice trembled, "I swear."

"That's what a crazy person would say," The boy with glasses said before getting hit by the curly-haired guy.

"It's okay," The boy that fixed my leg said, "We've had things happen to us too."

I closed my eyes, trying to focus on my breathing. I was so happy that I was alive. "What the hell was that thing?" I asked, opening my eyes. They, once again, glanced between each other before looking at me.

"Welcome to the Losers Club."