On Some New Shit

"I can't believe, of all fucking days, you would betray me like this."

.....

"Nothing to say? Not even gonna defend yourself?"

.....

"*sigh*I knew that guy charged me too much for you."

America stood, half dressed in pajamas, cursing his faulty alarm clock. One of the most important days of his life, and it was being a bitch by not going of at all.

It was his graduation day.

Seeing it was useless to fight it, he continued to get dressed in a crisp, clean collared button-down and pressed blue-grey slacks that fit as snugly as they could over his hips. Not bothering with putting on his jacket, as he'd be wearing his graduation gown soon, he simply grabbed it and his keys and rushed out the door.

America was sure he could say that things have definitely changed since he was five years younger. He'd gained some weight, both in fat and muscle mass alike. There was now more skin on his bones than when he'd been a teenager, he could safely say. Mama Spain would be impressed; and he was rather pleased with it, as well.
He took up doing a night-time podcast called, "Why are We Up Tonight?" It was made specifically for other sleep deprived college students - and the occasional insomniac - to listen to while they study. "Nothing but sleepy-time vibes here," he describes it to new listeners. It was probably his favorite thing about his time at college.
On a sadder note, he didn't get to see his friends as much as he promised, either. Everyone was super busy and extremely far away. He and Japan sometimes do FaceTime each other or Skype, and sometimes Poland is there to join her. Philippines actually decided to a dramatic arts school on a campus nearby, so he had that going for him. He hasn't spoken to Germany, as they'd kind of drifted apart, but Canada used to send him updates... Well, until Canada and him broke up. According to his brother, Ukraine and Germany are still together. Which brings him to the last person.

America and Russia aren't a couple anymore.

It was a mutual thing, really. After some odd months of trying to keep in contact between the different time zones, they started to feel the strains of their relationship as they also drifted apart and found they just weren't the same anymore. So, it was eventually decided that it wasn't going to work out, and they should just remain friends, if possible.

And then they never spoke again.

That was around the time America took on his podcast, originally a way to vent his melancholy thoughts to other mentally strained adults/adolescents.

So now, today, he was driving in his Chevrolet Spark to his graduation ceremony - which was really only about two miles away, but who wants to walk? - preparing himself for the long wait that is the graduation ceremony.

When he arrived, he was engulfed in a hug by his classmate and friend, Antarctica, who he'd had the pleasure of meeting in his time here. They had had an environmental science class together and became friends. Their meeting had gone a little hectic, admittedly. America had accidentally spilled his red bull on Antarctica's papers, and Antarctica had in turn stepped on his hand by accident, when America was kneeling down to pick up his mess.

The mute country gave him an excited smile, and signed frantically, asking him to meet somebody?

Said somebody was quickly revealed to be his boyfriend, Greenland. Large and...well, large, although, not bigger than the giant snowman that was Antarctica. A lot of his size could've been the giant snow jacket he wore, but other than that, he already seemed on the heavy side. He smiled, but he also seemed standoffish, like someone who usually would rather not deal with idiots. Unfortunately, he now has America to deal with.