Flip Your Shit

"So this is where you've been all day, huh?"

"Oh piss off."

"No really, I've been looking for you for forever! Where did you go?"

"Work. Library. Store. Home. Just another day, you know?"

"Russia, are you okay?"

"I am. Just making food."

Belarus watched nervously as her elder brother cooked in the one person kitchen.

"You know what I mean. How's school been?"

"Dropped out."

"You mean you didn't get a degree??"

"I figured, what is the point, yeah? Besides, it's not like I'm alone."

"Oh really?"

"Yes. I have girlfriend. Responsibility. And cat."

"A cat? Where?"

Right on cue, a jingle sounded from the one bedroom and a large, fluffy cat ran out of and into the kitchen, perched itself on the seat next to Belarus's and puffed it's chest out with a dignified mew.

That's too human, what the heck? Belarus thought.

"Беларусь, встреча с Москвой(Belarus, vstrecha s Moskvoy)."

Belarus raised an eyebrow. "Wowwww, original. Is your girlfriend going to pop out of there too?"

"She's working late, so she won't be joining us tonight. And she has her own home anyways."

"Who is she?"

"Wouldn't you like to know?"

Belarus frowned and grumbled something about shoving his words up his ass.

"Well. How are you?"

Russia set a lid over a pot and left it to boil. He turned and leaned back on the counter with his arms crossed. For a few moments the two just stared at each other.

"I'm doing well. I missed you."

"Have you talked to Ukraine recently?"

"No, not since they basically cut me out of their life and ran off to go to college with Germany."

"...ah, right," Bela chewed her lip, "well,  they're doing good, in case you wanted to know. Ukie got their bachelor's and has been working part-time at some retail job."

"Yikes. Best of luck with that one."

Bela giggled and nodded.

"How are you, Bela?"

"I'm doing good too! Finished high school last year, so I've been going to college in Norway. Speaking of which, Finland sends his best."

"He could call. My number hasn't changed."

"True. But you could too, you know."

"Tooshie."

Belarus burst out laughing, holding her sides, while Russia's face heated up in embarrassment. He tried not to be mad that she'd just laugh at him like that.

"That's--hA! That not how you s-say it hahahaAaaha!"

"Well I didn't take French, or whatever it is, okay?"

Belarus wheezed and snorted and did her best to gather herself. She sat up and through a crooked smile, she cracked her lips and said, "Touché pffft haHA!"

Russia leaned forward and bonked her on the head, but she just kept laughing and leaned back, nearly falling off her chair. Moscow panicked and ran back into the bedroom.

Eventually, the laughter was too much, and Belarus had tears running down her face.

"It wasn't that funny, Bel. Stop laughing!"

"I know, IknowIknow but I-I ca-hahahaann't! It's just so dumb ccrkhkhkh!"

Russia frowned and turned back around.

"Aw, Russia don't be like that! I'm just sharing a laugh with my brother!"

"I not laughing."

"No kidding. Where's your sense of humor?"

"Buried."

"Go dig it up, dummy!"

Belarus walked around the counter she was sitting at to stand next to her brother, who was focused so intently on the pot, pretending to wait for it to boil.

"Наблюдаемый горшок не кипит(Nablyudayemyy gorshok ne kipit)."

"заткни рот(zatkni rot)."

Belarus giggled and backed up as he straighted up and stared her down.

"You lost some weight?"

"Ah!" Belarus blushed and held her sides, glaring at her brother for being so blunt.
"Yeah, I didn't like my weight, so I started working out and eating better."

"Ah. I miss your fat. You were cuter."

"I'm still chubby."

"Some fat is good. Keeps you warm."

"I don't look pretty with fat.'

"And who..." Russia somehow looked angry, but his face didn't show, "who told you that?"

"N-nobody. I just thought..."

"And see this is problem. You are thinking too much, and you make stupid conclusions."

"Hey! I'm not stupid!"

"You thought you weren't pretty. Sounds stupid to me."

"I'm not!"

Russia raised an eyebrow.

"Bela, you are beautiful. Fat or no fat. I love you."

Russia enveloped her in a great big hug and squeezed her tiny, chubby body, refusing to let her say otherwise.

"Russia--"

"Shush."

"But Rus--"

"Quiet. I am making stroganoff. You will eat with me."

"Russia, it's not like I'm starving myself."

"Then eating will not be a problem, da?"

Belarus gave up and Russia let her go.

"You are pleased with what you've done with your body?"

"...yeah, I am. I'm happy with what I did, Russia."

"Then I am happy for you."

Belarus smiled gratefully, sitting back down and watching as Russia scraped some ground beef into a pan.

"...I still think you looked cute when you were fat."

"RUSSIA."

----

"Who're you messaging, Japan?"

"South-kun~! I miss him a lot, so I'm inviting him on the trip! He said as long as he can bring his sister, he's up for it. I'm so excited!"

Poland tried not to look too upset, and managed to keep his regular, bitchy look. Japan hardly noticed, because 1)Poland always looks like that; and 2)she was too caught up in her love-struck daze to really see his expression.

"Oh. That's cool. I'm glad he could join."

"Me too! I didn't get to see him a lot during school, so I can't wait! We probably won't get a lot of time alone, but still, I get to see him and hold him and be held by him. Oh, just two days, and it'll be real," Japan gazed wistfully out the window and sighed with a dreamy smile on her face.

"Can't wait..." Poland said.