Shit Stirs

The car ride back was, needless to say, uncomfortable. North Korea was probably the only one who didn't have any clue as to what was going on. Either that, or she didn't care. Russia didn't seem to care much either, but America knew he saw how Russia looked at him.

Oh fuck, this is going to be a shitshow.

Other than that, Russia had maybe greeted him casually, and that was it. Yeah, America was definitely very hurt by that.

America convinced the driver to let them all squeeze in, but since there were one too many passengers, someone had to sit on someone's lap.

Japan of course was going to offer to do it, but North Korea had already taken her spot on Russia's lap, looking like she belonged there. America's eye twitched and he tried not to show how much it bothered him.

And it was silent mostly, save for North sometimes talking to South and Russia.

When they arrived at the hotel, Japan pulled SK and America into her room, slamming the door. Poland, who'd shown up after Japan left, shot up in bed and Kiwi looked up in surprise.

"What the hell, SK!?" she hissed quietly.

"Okay, I didn't invite him! I didn't even know they were dating! I swear, sh-sh-she said, 'I'll go, on two conditions.' I didn't know one of those conditions would be Russia!"

"What!?" Poland and Kiwi said in unison.

"Russia's here?" Poland said, his frown showing clear concern.

"How could you not have known? Why didn't you ask her?"

"Cause, North hates it when i ask too many questions. And if I did and said Russia couldn't go, she'd probably set my stuff on fire and put firecrackers in my suitcase for TSA to find!"

"Oh shit. Ohh, shit, shitshitshitshitshiiiit! SK!"

"I'm sorry, you know I wouldn't have brought him if I knew," SK turned to America, his arms out, pleading, "Ame, you know I wouldn't. I really had no idea, please forgive me."

America had been quiet through his whole thing. He didn't frown, or smile, he just stood there and watched apathetically. Finally, he sighed and ran a hand through his hair.

"Whew. Man, people keep inviting more people on my trip. Kinda blows, man."

"Ame?"

America smiled softly and shook his head, chuckling, "This is a lot more money than I was planning to spend, but alright, I guess."

"Ame, what do you want to do?" New Zealand said, showing sympathy for her brother.

"Who said anything about doing anything? He's here, s'not like i can just tell him to leave."

"Yes you can! This was your trip," Japan reasoned.

"Ok, I send him away. Now I look like the immature asshole. He'd know for a fact why I did. No. I'm not going to do that. I gonna live it out, and hope this don't ruin my vacation."

South looked sorry as hell. Poland the the girls knew there was nothing to be done. But they - America excluded - all agreed to each other that they'd try to the best of their ability to keep the two apart as much as possible.

* C R A S H *

"What the fuck are you doing here!?" Came a muffled voice from the room over.

They all looked at each other.

"Oh fuck."

All five of them rushed to the next room. The door was wide open, showing Australia being held back by Greenland and Canada shielding Russia, who had North Korea standing behind him. Antarctica stood off to the side, looking very confused.

"I don't know why you're acting this way, but you're being such a dog, growling like that," North spat.

"I'm don't care! I'm gonna kick that Russian bitch's ass!" Australia continued to kick and growl and spit, trying to get at Russia.

"AUSTRALIA!"

Australia immediately stopped, and stared wide-eyed at his elder brother.

"S-soda! I--"

"What do you think you're doing? Those are our friends, and we are not. Attacking. Them."

"B-bu..." Australia said, now looking guilty and confused.

America looked at Russia, who was already staring at him. America instinctively averted his eyes and instead stared at his shirt. His sunglasses kept that a secret, thankfully.

"I'm sorry about my brother. You guys will be staying in a different room, with Tica and Greenland."

Greenland released Australia, who jumped away and glared at the other, straightening his clothes and brushing himself off. Greenland apologized and went to check on Antarctica.
North Korea and Russia followed Greenland out to their room.

Russia side-glanced at America as he stepped passed him. America pretended not to notice.

When they were gone, America walked up to Australia and Canada, who were all too eager to find out what just happened to.

"What the fuck is he doing here?" Australia immediately asked.

"He's North's plus one."

"Plus one?" Canada cried. "South was Japan's plus one. Why did the plus one's plus one invite another plus one?!"

"I don't know! But what I do know, is that it doesn't matter now. He's here, I can't send him away, and it's not gonna change the fact that we're here for a good time! Okay!?"

The others were taken aback by his outburst. But they looked down and nodded. America sighed.

"I...*sigh*I was finally getting over him. This is not how it's supposed to go."

"I'm so sorry, Ame. I promise, I'll make it up to you. Well just try to keep him away from you as much as possible, right?"

The others nodded in agreement with SK. America smiled.

"Thank you, guys. Y'all are good friends. Honest, I'm so glad you guys are here. I *sniff* I missed you," America started tearing up a little.

The others aww'ed and came in for a group hug. Even Poland came in to squish up with them.

An "ahem," sounded from the doorway, interrupting the moment. It was Greenland.

"Uh, your "friends," say they're hungry. Let's all grab a bite, yeah?"