Talking Shit

"You okay Poland?"

"Just peachy," Poland gritted out through clenched teeth.

Canada gave a sympathetic smile to the winged Countryhuman as he put his carry-on in the overhead.

America sat next to him, but sat up on his knees in his seat to talk to Antarctica. "This is gonna be great! You're gonna love it there, Tica! There's a lot of great places to see, and food to eat."

He continued to shout his excitement to the larger Countryhuman, who smiled. Greenland had headphones on, already ignoring everyone. Australia sat across the aisle from then, reaching over Poland to talk loudly to America.

Poland sunk into his seat.

Why had he agreed to this?

He received a text.

//

Japan:

>Japan: u gud my dude?

>Japan: the boys bothering you back there?
//

Poland sighed.
Oh. Right.

//
Could be better.<

          Do they have to be so loud?<

>Japan: Oh, absolutely

>Japan: Wouldn't be the livable idiots they were if they weren't

>Japan: Lovable**

I guess, but damn<

  Please be "lovable" away from my ears<

>Japan: lol

>Japan: gonna have 2 deal for a while uwu

How could I get you convince me to do this?<

>Japan: cause who can resist my temptation ;)

Gross.<

//

Poland smiled.

"Woah, you look happy!"

Poland growled quietly and shoved his phone into his pocket.

"Don't worry about it."

America smiled, "Is it a giiirrrrl?"

"No."

"A boy!?"

"No!"

"Then what?"

"Just--shut up!"

America put his hands up, "Geez okay, sorry!"

"Sorry," Poland sighed, "but thank you."

"Let's try and have a good trip, yeah?"

"We can try."

The flight attendants came to check in everyone, their pilot raised the seatbelt sign, and they were off.

Poland's hands gripped the seat, his nails digging into the cushioned armrest. Flying, specifically in planes, was terrifying for him, in that there were so many ways everything could go wrong.

We could crash. No no don't worry, we won't crash. God, this should be way less stressful if I could use my wings. Pangea, I want off, get me of, get me off. OffoffoffIwantoff--

He started hyperventilating, alerting America to his situation.

"Woah, hey, it's okay! We're okay, you're okay. Nothing's going to happen. You'll be fine! We're just taking off right now."

"Ladies and gentlemen," the pillows voice cracked over the speakers, "we're going to turn off the seatbelt sign, you are now free to roam about your cabin."

Poland was still panicking, tears pricking at his eyes. A flight attendant came over to check on them, and tried the help, but really just added to his stress.

"Can we just have some water?" America asked frantically, trying to get her away so Poland might chill a little.

"Hey, what's going on--Poland!" Japan came up from her seat a few rows back to see what was up. Seeing Poland's state, she dropped to her knees and placed her hands on his thighs.

"Pol, hey, shshshhhh, it's okay," she whispered. She cooed at him gently, moving her hands to rub his arms, making their way up to his shoulder.

She waved America away, making him get out of his seat so she could sit down next to him. Boldly, she wrapped her arms around him, to which he started thrashing, wings fanning open in defense. Japan remained strong, however, and held on to him, placing his head on her chest and continuing her actions. She kept one hand on him, while the other pet his wings, smoothing them out. His feathers became less ruffled and Poland's breathing settled. Japan's method was sloppy, but I guess it did the trick.

"Ame-kun, I'll sit with Poland, okay? You can take my seat, with Australia-kun."

"Yeah, no, of course. You got it handled?"

Japan nodded with a smile. America smiled fondly back and headed down the aisle where his youngest sibling sat.

"Hey there, Macca."

"Funny," Australia said, rolling his eyes, "what happened to Japan?"

"Poland is having some issues, so Japan is acting as his therapy pet."

"He not too fond of flying?"

"Ironic, for someone with wings."

The rest of the flight, they sat together and chatted.
Canada and Kiwi took advantage of the free peanuts and drinks, and probably got a little tipsy. Greenland had to give them something to keep them calm.
Japan got Poland to fall asleep, so she doodled in a sketchbook she'd brought along, letting Poland lean on her.
Greenland and Antarctica watched a movie together. Antarctica fell asleep halfway through and Greenland just cuddled with and admired his napping boyfriend.

"So, Soda, what's our agenda for this vacation?"

"My dear brother, well be travelling to some of the finest places in the land! First of all, we're gonna roadtrip from New York through a couple states. Nothing big, you know, but we'll have to switch busses at one point during the trip."

"Switch busses? How long will we be driving?"

"Couple hours. Eight, maybe? Of course, after that, we can spend a night in a motel or something, but we're a bunch of kids fresh outta college, so money is tight, dude."

"Eight hours!? Ame, what the? Why so long?"

"It's not that long, it's not even that far. We'd be going a few thousand miles, at least. Nothing to worry about."

Australia shook his head, "Soda, that's far. How do you guys get anywhere?"

America just shrugged, "By car."

America continued to explain his elaborate plan to have the best trip ever, while Australia pretty much banged his head against the window listening to him.

~~~

A/N: sorry, this is gonna be kinda short, but you'll see why I cut it here.