Homeward bound

The bird jerks slightly followed by a drowned out crash. Out the windows I can see the ground rushing to greet us. My human and his team grab various packs with dangerous weapons strapped to them and my human gives me the command of "up". I jump into his arms and he clips me in in front of him. My human opens the belly of the bird and his team jumps out. He runs over and throws a pack at the other people and runs towards the open belly of the bird. He leaps from the bird locating the last inflated bag-ish thing of his team. He angles us downwards and we fall faster and faster he levels us out after a bit and we slow dramatically. He pulls on a string weapon in hand and we are jerked upwards. The ground now comes at us at a much slower rate and we hit the ground. My human has to run a bit but as he stops he throws the pack off. He releases me and I immediately go on guard. I use my nose to sent around and look back at my human. He watches the bird disappear over the trees then looks at me. We start to trek towards the small clearing where everyone was angled at. I hear a stream nearby but choose to ignore it. We soon come across the clearing and see that the rest of our team has gathered there. One of the higher ups has pulled up a map and located where we are pointing in a direction and nodding. The team spots us and I sent something. I leave my human at a sprint tearing through the under growth. I can almost sense the heart beats of what im after and sense their panic. I throw myself at a bush and wrap my jaws loosely around the arm of a human. I pause mid way to tearing them apart when a flash of recognition stops me. He flips himself over and traces his eyes up from my feet to my vest to my collar buzzing slightly against my neck slightly irritating me. His eyes finally meet mine and he grins slightly. I hear a loud whistle and look over I see my human coming towards me. He pauses for a moment.
"you." he growls.
I huff softly snapping lazily at his face before trotting back to my human to let him deal with it. There is the all so familiar sound of a weapon discharge and over it I hear two commands from my human "search" and "hunt". With out hesitation I turn and sprint away towards the shots. There are some of my humans teammates rushing in the same direction.

Short chapter but its better than nothing I've hit a block with this one so eh.. The next few chapters may be short but we'll see
Cheers -bri