The Dream

I'm laying on something could AMD hard. Concrete? I sit up and look around. Theres lights as far as I can see.

I'm on the roof.

How did I get here? I feel something calling me to the edge. I sit up and crawl over. The roof is flat, I sit with my feet dangling over the edge. I look at the ground, so far below me. Calling me.

I here a voice behind me. Tae.

"Jess. Come away from the edge. Keep fighting it. Don't let it take you." The tears start falling.

"I can't fight anymore. Thirteen years is way to long to fight something this harsh alone."

"But you dont have to fight alone anymore! The boys are here for you. I'm here for you."

"I can't. I'm sorry." I slide off the edge.

Not a second after my butt leaves the concrete, I fell a hand on my upper arm. I look up and see Tae laying on the roof, holding onto my arm for fear life, tears in his eyes.

"Tae. Please. I can't," I plead, but his grip tightens.

"No. I can't let you go." I'm fighting so hard against his grip, but it's no use. He's not letting go. A tear lands on my cheek, but it's not mine.

Slowly, I grab his arm, and we struggle to pull me up. When I'm finally back over the edge, I curl into him and start sobbing. He leans down and murmurs in my ear.

"Jess. Jess, it's time to wake up." What? "Jess. Wake up."

I wake up, on the floor of my hotel room, Tae kneeling over me.