Free

My time spent in the psych ward wasn't terrible. The food was really good, the entire building was so well taken care of, it seemed like the staff's main goal was keeping everyone happy. The walls had color (my room was green, a very calming and healing color), there was carpet, and I got to see the boys and Tiffany all the time. I think the best part about it, though, was the fact that my psychiatrist decided I didn't need medication, just time to heal my mind.

When I finally got out three months later, I felt better than I ever had. I guess removing my family- no, my pain- was the first step to healing. I now had a family that loved me, actually loved me.

I came home to find Tiffany had moved in. Her and Yoongi moved into my room and my things were respectfully moved into Taehyung's room.

"What about the spare room?" I asked when I was told. Yoongi and Tiff gave me suspicious smiles.

"Actually, that's not a spare room." She tells me. "It's the nursery."

"No. No way!"

"Yes!" I start crying as she pulls me into a hug. "You're gonna be a godmother!"

"No," I say as i pull away. "I'm gonna be the crazy aunt that spoils your child and lets them get away with everything."

"Auntie Jess. It suits you." Tae wraps his arm around my shoulders.

"It does." He kisses my forehead and turns back to the boys. "Drinks tonight?" After a round of yeses, Tiff lets out a loud groan. Jin walks over and sets his hand on her shoulder.

"It's ok, you won't be the only sober one."

"Oh yeah that makes me feel so much better." She retorts sarcastically.

"First, we make a stop. Jungkook, you think your tattooist could hook me up?"

"Of course." We go to the shop and I decide on a phrase from my ancestry. Fick Alles. German for fuck everything, on my left shoulder blade. Then we head to the bar.

While we're all toasting to each other, I realize that I was feeling something I'd never felt before: actual freedom. I knew life wasn't going to be all cupcakes and rainbows from here on out, but I did know that would be easier to get through the hard times.

Because I was free, and I was loved.