PROLOGUE

I was sitting on the couch watching the news in my date clothes which consisted of black pants and a cream colored sweater. My boyfriend of five years was going to pick me up and take me out to celebrate me getting a new job at the local hospital. On the news they're talking about hit and run and I shook my head. Crime had gone up significantly since a new crime boss and moved in on the town. Someone knocked on my apartment door starling me for my thoughts. When I open the door I was surprised.     
It was the police.
           "Are you Rose McMillan?" the officers asked.
"Yes," I replied.
"We have some troubling news," he said "your boyfriend, Zack Gardner, was involved in a hit-and-run he was rushed to the hospital but died in the ambulance." I don't think I've ever cried more in my entire life. Not when my middle school best friend announced she was moving across the country. Or when my parents died in a four car pile-up when I was 17.
             Months passed and slowly I began to feel better it took time but my wounds started to heal and after Zack's funeral I found myself oddly at peace, and life went on.

Hi guys! Please let me know if I made any mistakes in my Grammer and I hope to have another chapter up soon!!!
(P.S. next chapter will be a lot longer!!)