Chapter Three: The Kiss Part Two

this chapter is for theduck6012

As I walked to my car after my shift I couldn't help but smile. I could definitely see Scarlett and Ryan as more than friends. As I got in my car I thought about Scarlett's smile as I mentioned Ryan the other day. I didn't dwell you on it more as my current problem came back to me: my date with Adam.
When I got home I started looking in my closet. I was determined to find something more appropriate outfit for dinner unlike last time. I eventually picked a dress Scarlett had gotten me fo my birthday last year. It was a maroon scoop-neck
d

ress that goes down to my knees and sleeves down to my wrists. I'm not big on makeup so I just put on some pink lip gloss. "I know I'm going to regret this, I just know it," I say to my reflection.
There's a swift knock on my door before I have time to talk myself out of it. "You can do this," is what I whisper to myself before opening the door. And when I do there he is. I have to admit he may be a criminal but he was pretty handsome. "Hi," I said bashfully. I thought he would say something but he just stared at me. When he did speak all he said was: "Wow."
I could feel my cheeks getting hot. "I, uh, thought I should wear something more formal since you went somewhere nice last time," I said. We were silent before I spoke again. "So... Where are we going?" I questioned.
"Oh, right," he answered kind of dazed, "I had a friend find a place."
"Sounds great, let's go." I left the door and we make our way to the parking lot.
I'm so happy you decided to come," he said as we got in the car. "I thought you were beautiful when I first saw you in the hospital room."
I smiled, but on the inside I felt kind of like I was lying, like I should tell him I know who he is. Wait... but if I do tell him what would he do? he wouldn't hurt me... would he. I took a deep breath in, and took a leap of faith.
"I know, Adam, I know who you are and what you do." There was a long pause before he sighed in defeat
"I knew you'd figure it out, you're too smart I thought... I thought I could keep it from you." We sat in silence for a beat.
"How long have you known?" He asked me, "who I was."
"since you took that phone call the last time we had dinner. I looked up your name."
"I should have told you," he said as we pulled into the restaurant parking lot, "You were just so nice and sweet I thought if I told you... you'd stop being so kind to me." We lapsed into silence.
"You know what, I'm not hungry anymore, but," I started, "we can go back to my apartment and watch a movie." He looked at me with an astounded look on his face.
"You want to watch a movie," he questioned, thought for a second, that added, "with me?"
"You are terrible, terrible man, but," I said, "I believe there is good in everyone, and I can't get you out of my head." He started the car when I question came to my mind. "Who really shot you that night when you came into the hospital?" I asked him.
"Someone who would betrade me, someone who I thought was my friend."
"So... A gang member?" I asked fear leaking into my voice. He just shook his head yes, in response. We drove the rest of the rest of the way back to my apartment in silence. "What movie do you want to watch," he asked me.
"Listen to thriller I've been meaning to watch," I replied.
"Let's watch it," I started up the movie I mean watched in silence. Once the move was over I walked Adam outside.
"Well... Bye," I said as I bit my lip.
"Bye," he said but neither of us moved. I could tell he was looking at my lips and I kept looking in his eyes. We gradually leaned forward and then... He kissed me! And I did something incredibly stupid.
I kissed him back.

Hey guys short chapter today but  but don't worry the next one will be longer!! I'm going to start updating on Fridays starting this Friday. Till then have a great week!