Chapter Five

Serena / August 12th

What made the battle in front of her even more interesting, was that fact that she had never seen either of these Pokemon before. Serena brought out the Pokedex she had received from Professor Sycamore and used its to scan Hydreigon first.

"The heads on their arms do not have brains. They use all three heads to consume and destroy everything, and It responds to movement by attacking" it explained

"How strange, but totally cool!" Trevor exclaimed, taking a picture of the Pokemon

"What about Ash's?" Tierno pointed towards Torterra

Serena moved her Pokedex off towards the right where Torterra had just used Energy Ball to block an incoming Dragon Pulse. Though the Pokemon was hidden by the smoke of the attacks' impact, the Pokedex picked it up.

"Ancient people imagined that beneath the ground, a gigantic Torterra dwelled. Small Pokémon occasionally gather on its unmoving back to begin building their nest"

"How interesting" Serena said

"Ash sure does seem real interesting" Miette said, giving the trainer down below on the battlefield a look that Serena didn't like

---

"Hydreigon, Stone Edge" Jason commanded

"Torterra, use Rock Climb!" Ash quickly countered

The ground shook as Hydreigon roared, and multiple columns of stone shot forward from underneath it. However, Rock Climb summoned a single large and tall pillar of stone that destroyed the columns and hit the dragon-and-dark-type Pokemon. Then, despite its mass, Torterra launched itself off the ground and used one of its feet to hit Hydreigon before landing back on the ground with a large thud.

"Giga Impact" Jason said

A faint white glow light up Hydreigon as he faced down towards the ground where Torterra had landed. He roared and charged forward rapidly.

"Dodge and use Leaf Storm!" Ash instructed

Perfectly timed, Torterra jumped forward and caused Hydreigon to smash into the ground at full force. Torterra then turned around and fired Leaf Storm - a blizzard of sharp leaves - that shot forward and hit Hydreigon, setting off an explosion that blinded the field in smoke. Not long after, a Dragon Pulse shot out of the smoke and collided with Torterra, adding to the smoke.

Once the smoke cleared, both Pokemon had scratches on them, but Hydreigon more so; the two Pokemon were on the opposite trainer's side of the field.

"Use Fire Fang!" Jason continued

"Stop that with Energy Ball!" Ash exclaimed

All three pairs Hydreigon's teeth burnt up, surrounded in aura of fire as the Pokemon charged forward. Torterra opened its mouth and conjured up a green Energy Ball that it shot forward. Using its middle head, Hydreigon bit the attack and destroyed it before ruthlessly attacking Torterra with the Fire Fang on its two arm-heads.

"Torterra, use Rock Climb again!" Ash said

A diagonal column of stone shot out of the ground and hit Hydreigon at full force, sending it flying back towards the other side of the field. Torterra climbed up the column of stone and launched into the air, hitting Hydreigon with ones of its feet.