Chapter Seven

A/N: Updated story description. I suggest reading it.
Ash

Lumiose City had to have been the most interesting city Ash had ever visited. It seemed like you could explore the place for days, with all of the different kinds of shops and areas they have. Currently, he had taken up Miette's offer and took Serena and Gary with him.

"So glad we didn't get any homework" Gary sighed with relief

"Well it's only the first day" Serena pointed out

"Hey, have you guys noticed the strange looks on everyone's faces" Miette said

Ash, Serena, and Gary looked around to see that everyone was looking towards one direction - the direction they had come from. They turned to see people stepping aside for someone who was hard to see in the sunlight, but they finally made out a white-robed figure with a golden staff on his back.

"Ash, it's Y! The guy I was telling you about!" Serena said excitingly

"So that's him" Ash said. "I'm gonna challenge him to a battle!"

 "I'm gonna challenge him to a battle!"

"Pika!" Pikachu agreed

"Ash, wait!" His friends attempted to protest but he was already rushing over

Y stopped in place as Ash knelt down in front of him and caught his breath. The crowd of people that had moved out of the way turned their attention to the encounter in interest.

"I-I want to challenge you to a battle!" Ash posed

People in the crowd gasped that such a young trainer had challenged the legendary trainer, who was notorious for turning down battles unless he saw a worthy opponent.

"I admire your confidence, but you have ways to go before you can challenge me alone" Y said and Ash held back a disappointed look. "However, my Pokemon has been searching for a good fight, so I will allow you to challenge him under the condition that you get a second trainer to assist you"

"A second trainer..." Ash repeated under his breath

***

A large crowd of people gathered to witness the ongoing battle - Ash and Gary against the legendary Y. Those who had the pleasure of watching Y's battles in realtime knew that with the right opponent, they could be some of the most entertaining.